NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Dec 17, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #62 of 4,019
Waiting + More money = Umpossible.... 

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #64 of 4,019

Quote:

What's the white edition made of? China?

Lol!!! I think either ivory or mother of pearl,... 
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #65 of 4,019

Quote:

This is an Android device. You can install loads of different players that support whatever format you want them to support.

That's some pretty darn good news 

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #67 of 4,019
Can't you search the news!? Don't just stay for news on this forum!

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Audio/Walkman/Z1000/Originalmodel/index.html

Just look at the body and think what material is it.
The white edition was said "limited edition", priced 45800JPY, I don't know whether limited or not.

@Szadzik: Just forget your white pants, is it so difficult to think about different colors?
                  Just a simple answer: DEPENDS ON WHAT COLOR YOU LIKE ON YOUR DEVICE

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #68 of 4,019
I'll wait for the adamantium coated ebony edition, I heard it has better bass.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #69 of 4,019
Thanks for the good review. I am very tempted to buy the Z1070 walkman once it will be available in my country. Importing it is not an option for me because it is very expensive (very high delivery taxes) importing electronics from countries outside the EU. But after I get my hands on the new walkman Z, I will retire my X1060.

However, I have a question regarding the new Z - since you had it for a while now, I guess you had some time to play around with it.

I want to know if Sony's sound enhancers like Clear Stereo, Clear Bass, VPT Surround and DSEE are still active when using poweramp/playerpro/winamp or are these settings available only for Sonys own software player?

Thanks and again, great "mini" review!

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #70 of 4,019
Well, I dived in and ordered the red one!
Can't wait to compare it to my x-1061 when it arrives!

Dec 20, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #71 of 4,019

Quote:
Well, I dived in and ordered the red one!
Can't wait to compare it to my x-1061 when it arrives!

Ok, I just got a notice that Japan post won't accept it for air shipment because it has a li-ion battery inside!
This is ridiculous, has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Dec 20, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #72 of 4,019

Quote:
Ok, I just got a notice that Japan post won't accept it for air shipment because it has a li-ion battery inside!
This is ridiculous, has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Yep. In this very thread. FedEX seems to be the only ones shipping it outside of Japan.

Unless, off course, you tried shipping it again but forgot to mention the battery. 
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #73 of 4,019
Yeah I had that problem too. But mine is (almost) here, its been sitting in my local Fedex depot for a couple days now. (Which is driving me mental, its here, just bring it over already!!!!) 

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #74 of 4,019

Quote:
Yeah I had that problem too. But mine is (almost) here, its been sitting in my local Fedex depot for a couple days now. (Which is driving me mental, its here, just bring it over already!!!!) 

Looking forward to reading your review on it!  :)
How long did it take to ship overseas for you, and how much was the shipping?

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #75 of 4,019

Quote:

Looking forward to reading your review on it!  :)
How long did it take to ship overseas for you, and how much was the shipping?

I just got it!!  More impressions to come I suppose... I bought it through a proxy service, whiterabbitexpress.com, which was a pleasant experience, but shipping ended up costing me a small fortune. It was about 40$ CAD for express shipping from Japan, but then I got dinged another 20$ cash on delivery when they dropped it off. The whole process, from ordering it to getting to my door only took 8 days, so I'm happy about that! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back