NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Nov 14, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #2,656 of 4,019
Quote:
i had the 1070 for a few months. loved everything about it. apart from the size. just too big for anything other than using around the house. if the z was the f in size then i would have kept the thing for sure.

nah. i actually prefer the z size since i wanna use for viewing vids too but FLAC is equally important to me too. so, im waiting for the ICS upgrade for the Z. not to mention the screen/-color of the Z is better :p

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #2,657 of 4,019
I'm actually looking forward to the massive size and leather case.  Now all I need is the CKS1000LTD to pair with it or a gold-plated custom IEM.

Then at least I'd look like I'm serious about audio quality, which I sure don't with Teclast and Vsonic lol.

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #2,659 of 4,019
Nov 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #2,661 of 4,019
Just got my NWZ-Z1060... $240 USD at today's exchange rate in Mexico (half off what it was here). Everything's fluid, can play music even though it's connected to a Mac Mini charging the battery... Sounds great which is what I was really interested in... No hiss with supplied headphones or XBA-4... Threw some MP3s, they passed quickly... But where copied three times each... I guess it wouldn't be a Sony if it didn't do that! Even though I've been using Gingerbread on an Xperia Mini Pro, coming from an NWZ-A818 the android interface is quite a shocker on a Walkman...

Just saw some of my uploaded pictures on picasa / google+, the screen does them more justice!

Thanks to everyone on this thread!

Nov 17, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #2,662 of 4,019
Got a Z1060 (Canadian) myself, was wondering if any of you friendly members have tried or compared the Z/F with/against the ALO Continental amp?  Was thinking of picking one up before they disappear!  Would be driving the AKG Q701.  Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #2,663 of 4,019
Quote:
Got a Z1060 (Canadian) myself, was wondering if any of you friendly members have tried or compared the Z/F with/against the ALO Continental amp?  Was thinking of picking one up before they disappear!  Would be driving the AKG Q701.  Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Greetings my Canadian brother.
I haven't looked too hard, but I did find one post of someone that has tried that combo.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/563201/alo-the-continental/330#post_8091464

If you're really that curious about it, you should jump on it before it's gone.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2,664 of 4,019
Quote:
Greetings my Canadian brother.
I haven't looked too hard, but I did find one post of someone that has tried that combo.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/563201/alo-the-continental/330#post_8091464

If you're really that curious about it, you should jump on it before it's gone.

Thanks Fizz, appreciate the help!
smily_headphones1.gif
   Hmm that fellow did not seem too impressed with that combo... will have to think it over as the Z drives the Q701's pretty well but was always curious to see if it could be better...

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #2,666 of 4,019
Quote:
Wow, this is very interesting thanks

Sad really... but I see it too.... they don't push the PS Vita hard enough (and as far as handhelds go... nothing else compares), their Walkman line is far superior to most commercial items out there. They used to be "THE" tv to get. The made some nice computers, they were the "Apple" of the PC world.  Just sad really.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #2,667 of 4,019
Hi guys!

Could anybody tell me if European NWZ-Z1000 really has a volume cap? I'm from Ukraine and our local Sony support says that it's Android and it's unlikely that a volume cap is present. But regularly I can see posts about this volume cap. Where does this information come from? 
Does anybody compare EU and JP versions?
Are here owners of EU version of Z1000? Could you please confirm that something wrong with the volume?
It's a bit strange that some volume limitation should be applied since the output of Sony Walkman is only about 5mW per channel. Other devices has much more output power even in EU version (Cowon, iRiver)

Thanks!

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #2,668 of 4,019
Quote:
Hi guys!

Could anybody tell me if European NWZ-Z1000 really has a volume cap? I'm from Ukraine and our local Sony support says that it's Android and it's unlikely that a volume cap is present. But regularly I can see posts about this volume cap. Where does this information come from? 
Does anybody compare EU and JP versions?
Are here owners of EU version of Z1000? Could you please confirm that something wrong with the volume?
It's a bit strange that some volume limitation should be applied since the output of Sony Walkman is only about 5mW per channel. Other devices has much more output power even in EU version (Cowon, iRiver)

Thanks!

I'm sorry but I'm not sure anyone here has ever compared the Z from different regions.  However, I did compare the A86x from different regions consisting of the UK, JP, and US.  Unfortunately, the UK unit did have a volume cap and sound harsher and brighter than the US & JP counter part.  The US & JP units sounded better and identical to my ears and approximately 5 volume steps louder at the same volume level.  The UK A-walkman was purchased during the sale from advancedmp3.com.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #2,669 of 4,019
Quote:
I'm sorry but I'm not sure anyone here has ever compared the Z from different regions.  However, I did compare the A86x from different regions consisting of the UK, JP, and US.  Unfortunately, the UK unit did have a volume cap and sound harsher and brighter than the US & JP counter part.  The US & JP units sounded better and identical to my ears and approximately 5 volume steps louder at the same volume level.  The UK A-walkman was purchased during the sale from advancedmp3.com.

Thanks for sharing your observations, but A-series is not on Android, I think Android devices should have a more universal OS, I really think that the Android version is the same for all markets and therefore only some settings can be different (which are customizable). Am I wrong? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back