NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!!
Nov 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2,641 of 4,019
this is my last post on Head-Fi... to all that have helped me:- Way, Purk, CN11, Fortis, Now Turok Anak, Duncan, Soresiim, Swimmy and all I've not mentioned... a very sincere thank-you and all the best for the future... Take care... Paul (OK-Guy)

You will be missed.......

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2,642 of 4,019
Would an NWZ-Z1060 for about $235 new be worth it? I have an A818 which I love but it's starting to fall apart; I don't really like the huge screen and oldish Android of the Z but I would be more than willing to put up with that for good sound (I've followed this thread so I know about the update to a newer Android in December)...

The F series sounds nice but it's about $400 over here and unlikely to go down; to be used with XBA-4's which I already have. This is in Mexico City but it might be a bit of hassle to get it at that price...

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #2,643 of 4,019
Quote:
Would an NWZ-Z1060 for about $235 new be worth it? I have an A818 which I love but it's starting to fall apart; I don't really like the huge screen and oldish Android of the Z but I would be more than willing to put up with that for good sound (I've followed this thread so I know about the update to a newer Android in December)...

The F series sounds nice but it's about $400 over here and unlikely to go down; to be used with XBA-4's which I already have. This is in Mexico City but it might be a bit of hassle to get it at that price...

Since you're asking in this thread, you can guess what I'll say....a resounding YES! =D

I would, however, buy a protective case of some sort before using it outside the home.  The backside's a fingerprint magnet.

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #2,644 of 4,019
Quote:
I may be absent for a few days... be happy.

Quote:
this is my last post on Head-Fi... to all that have helped me:- Way, Purk, CN11, Fortis, Now Turok Anak, Duncan, Soresiim, Swimmy and all I've not mentioned... a very sincere thank-you and all the best for the future... Take care... Paul (OK-Guy)

I hope he'll be back (soon?).  He's more than an OK-Guy in my books. :)

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #2,645 of 4,019
Quote:

there is a considerable physical size and weight difference between the z and the f. worth thinking about if those factors are important to you

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #2,647 of 4,019
I'm finally joining the Sony Z1070 club, leather case and all!

Its more of an army than a club, as we have been in war with the other side for some time, and still....:D.

Welcome Kiteki.

So which color did you opt to?

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #2,649 of 4,019
Black colour like my soul.

Sony LOD and iBasso P4 Warbler on the way too... hahaha take that, you silly picture that broke my heart!

Nice LOD, ebay?
Ok, its not yours!!!

Nov 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #2,650 of 4,019
Quote:

Since you're asking in this thread, you can guess what I'll say....a resounding YES! =D

I would, however, buy a protective case of some sort before using it outside the home.  The backside's a fingerprint magnet.

Thanks, yeah, I didn't need much of a push! I've only found the PDair case though - I prefer non leather.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #2,651 of 4,019
Quote:
there is a considerable physical size and weight difference between the z and the f. worth thinking about if those factors are important to you

Yes, I know, the F looks perfect size-wise... But I may have been able to get the Z at at a good price... Since my phone is smallish I'm trying to convince myself of the advantage of a bigger screen...

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #2,655 of 4,019
How does the F compare in sound though?  I'm a little skeptical of Sony's latest products they seem to focus a little more on marketing and less on high-end audio.

The Z's Bass is punchier, more revealing , the F's bass is more refined.
The F is more detailed neutral in general than the Z, not necessarily better, but different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back