New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Jun 30, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #3,348 of 4,162
Thanks again.
Can I ask who double amping affect sound much.
You are welcome ..
From my experience .. not much effect .. some times like to double amp 😉.. some say just keep the volume level of the player at the max or near the max to get a line out level
Some times i like to make the vol. Of the player at half and play with the vol. Knob of the amp ....
My point is : try it yourself.. it is not that bad after all ..not bad at all

Jun 30, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #3,349 of 4,162
So I can confirm no audio output via the USB-C (shame really). That said, I recently went with the Fii0 BTR7, and while bluetooth seems to fit the bill for me. You might at least take a look at it. Not what you're wanting (using Sony's DAC), but certainly an option.

Jun 30, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #3,350 of 4,162
Thanks again.
Can I ask who double amping affect sound much.
Sony uses digital amp technology, so basically, it likes Chord DACs, does not need to worry about "double amping", this was discussed in this forum, you can find it to read more.

Jul 2, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #3,351 of 4,162
anyone else have a wobbly 3.5mm jack? when my headphones are in, i can wobble the jack in all directions. it doesnt do anything to the output but it does seem a bit disconcerting for future.

ive tried the same headphones in different jacks and its definitely only the sony.

cheers

Jul 2, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #3,352 of 4,162
anyone else have a wobbly 3.5mm jack? when my headphones are in, i can wobble the jack in all directions. it doesnt do anything to the output but it does seem a bit disconcerting for future.

ive tried the same headphones in different jacks and its definitely only the sony.

cheers
Sony - from days of walkman X- are making what so called an isolated socket or island socket or something like that .. which means that the headphone socket is suspended or isolated from the board and connected to it by wires and fixed in the body of the player ..
If the movement thing is not excessive and in range of half mm or so it is normal my both sony walkman X and zx1 have that very slight movement of headphone jacks

Jul 2, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #3,353 of 4,162
Sony - from days of walkman X- are making what so called an isolated socket or island socket or something like that .. which means that the headphone socket is suspended or isolated from the board and connected to it by wires and fixed in the body of the player ..
If the movement thing is not excessive and in range of half mm or so it is normal my both sony walkman X and zx1 have that very slight movement of headphone jacks
thanks for that appreciate it

Jul 5, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #3,360 of 4,162
Bought another (used) IEM to use with my A307 and bloody hell, sounds amazing. My M9's may be in the box a while :relaxed:

20230704_140115.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back