New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Jul 5, 2023 at 6:21 PM Post #3,362 of 4,203
Oh my .. this is not another used iem .. this is ier-z1r 😍 ... Of course it will be marvelous
But what is the purpose of that adapter ??
The A300 series has a 4 pole 3.5mm socket for split L/R earth. Means you don't get true balanced but get better L/R channel seperation so maybe less cross-talk and use existing balanced cable.

This adapter is a 4-pole TRRS 3.5 to 4.4mm.

My twins, using Sony Kimber 4.4mm cable with the Z1R.

20230704_201125.jpg

Also allows me to keep my IEM's witth 4.4mm cables for my BTR7 and not swapping cables all the time.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #3,364 of 4,203
The A300 series has a 4 pole 3.5mm socket for split L/R earth. Means you don't get true balanced but get better L/R channel seperation so maybe less cross-talk and use existing balanced cable.

20230704_201125.jpg

Also allows me to keep my IEM's witth 4.4mm cables for my BTR7 and not swapping cables all the time.
psi , teach me your ways on how to roll IEM cables like that for the life of me I can’t never get my M7 to stay best like you have done for that M9 and Z1R.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #3,365 of 4,203
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #3,366 of 4,203
psi , teach me your ways on how to roll IEM cables like that for the life of me I can’t never get my M7 to stay best like you have done for that M9 and Z1R.
Search Z1R holder on youtube for a start. Someone posted a video 🙂

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #3,367 of 4,203

Ground separation is there since the ZX2 but has nothing to do with balanced. Its neither true nor false balanced, its just not an balanced connection.

Here is an simplificated explanation from Sony itself. Sadly only in Japanese, but an auto translation should work okayish.
1688720997832.png

So even though it may be possible to reduce the crosstalk, it doesn't eliminate it because even though the ground is seperated on the plug, it is one device. You only have one walkman, that means the two grounds will, in the end, share the same chassy and so are finally the same ground again. The device has 1 Master ground that all grounds will lead to. And you also don't have any of the other advantages of the balanced connection. You only have 2 LCs instead of 4, and, of course, much lower output power (1/4)

Splitting up the GND is unrelated to a balanced connection and doesn't replace it.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #3,368 of 4,203
Ground separation is there since the ZX2 but has nothing to do with balanced. Its neither true nor false balanced, its just not an balanced connection.

Here is an simplificated explanation from Sony itself. Sadly only in Japanese, but an auto translation should work okayish.
1688720997832.png
So even though it may be possible to reduce the crosstalk, it doesn't eliminate it because even though the ground is seperated on the plug, it is one device. You only have one walkman, that means the two grounds will, in the end, share the same chassy and so are finally the same ground again. The device has 1 Master ground that all grounds will lead to. And you also don't have any of the other advantages of the balanced connection. You only have 2 LCs instead of 4, and, of course, much lower output power (1/4)

Splitting up the GND is unrelated to a balanced connection and doesn't replace it.
I already know, some like to refer to it as false/pseudo balanced while its just seperate earth for left &right channel, same as ZX2 when I used it previously.

As a mininmum, it lets me keep my 4.4mm balanced cables on all my IEM's so no swapping all the time.

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #3,369 of 4,203

NWA 306 car use​

Hi All,
Currently have the Nwa306 player which is fantastic. Has anyone got any ideas of how to use it for best use in a car. I've done the normal via wired feed and bluetooth won't work via the car system. I did recently see a bluetooth mini adapter from Mobile Fun site, wondered if this would work. Any ideas please
Cheers Graham

Jul 7, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #3,370 of 4,203

NWA 306 car use​

Hi All,
Currently have the Nwa306 player which is fantastic. Has anyone got any ideas of how to use it for best use in a car. I've done the normal via wired feed and bluetooth won't work via the car system. I did recently see a bluetooth mini adapter from Mobile Fun site, wondered if this would work. Any ideas please
Cheers Graham
i use it either via aux cable or ive got this Bluetooth receiver that also plugs into the aux that works well. i have an older car tho with no usb in or built-in Bluetooth.

you could also get something a bit more expensive like the fiio Bluetooth adapters as well. they also have car modes for powering off with your car if it has usb

https://www.fiio.com/btr3k

those with newer cars, does android auto work with the player?

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #3,373 of 4,203
Does anyone know the easiest/best way of importing one of the non capped versions into UK? Amazon Jp won’t ship to UK. Is it accessory jack?
Hi,
It's worth a shout on here to ask anyone who's going abroad from the UK to get you one. I did and bless the chap who bought one for me and posted to me here in UK. Did the payment via PayPal.
Cheers Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back