New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Jun 2, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #3,286 of 4,129
Can someone please help me, I cannot find the playlist file M3U8 anywhere in the NW-A306 internal and external. Please if anyone know how to export the playlist or find it tell me. I want to save the playlist file just in case I lose it or if I do reset the device in the future. Thank you.

Jun 3, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #3,287 of 4,129
I bought the TPU case with tempered glass screen protector combo and it’s a great cheap way to get all-over protection:

Soft Clear TPU Protective Shell Skin Case Cover for Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series NW-A306 NW-A307 (Clear case and Glass) https://a.co/d/aqHeFyh

$14 and the fit is perfect.
Thank you. That's what I was thinking. I was going to recommend that to my associate as I'll be setting up the unit for him.

It was delivered today, but he doesn't want to take it out of the box until it has good protection so it looks like I'll have to order one or both. (The Miter case for the thicker and in theory more robust protection and the one you recommended and use the screen protector from it.)

We shall see. Once again, thank you both for your replies. 😇

Jun 3, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #3,288 of 4,129
This may have been discussed before, but has anyone tried the Sony NW-a306 and the iFi Audio GO Link together? So, the Sony NW-a306 would be used as a digital transport in this case. Is that right?

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #3,289 of 4,129
Hi All,
Sorry if this has been asked before but with the 306 is there a way of creating Playlist folders via your laptop and transferring them to the player? Rather than doing it on the player direct each time. When connected to the player you can't view or see the folders? Unless I'm missing something?
Separately, can someone post a review if they purchase the new Sony WF-1000XM5's which look likely to be out this week whilst with the 306.
Regards GJ

Jun 4, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #3,290 of 4,129
Hi All,
Sorry if this has been asked before but with the 306 is there a way of creating Playlist folders via your laptop and transferring them to the player? Rather than doing it on the player direct each time. When connected to the player you can't view or see the folders? Unless I'm missing something?
Separately, can someone post a review if they purchase the new Sony WF-1000XM5's which look likely to be out this week whilst with the 306.
Regards GJ
either put the songs into folders and navigate via folders on the player or make an m3u playlist in itunes or musicbee or something and save it to your music folders and navigate to playlists.

you cant then add music to those playlists via the sony player tho if you create it on a computer.

the walkman app is really crap in some regards like that.

Can someone please help me, I cannot find the playlist file M3U8 anywhere in the NW-A306 internal and external. Please if anyone know how to export the playlist or find it tell me. I want to save the playlist file just in case I lose it or if I do reset the device in the future. Thank you.
yeah ive got no idea where they go. if you reset the player you lose them as well another bad design of the walkman app

Jun 5, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #3,291 of 4,129
Had anyone else noticed that the battery health setting being turned on doesn't really limit charging on their a306?

I even tried turning the setting off and back on without any change

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #3,292 of 4,129
Had anyone else noticed that the battery health setting being turned on doesn't really limit charging on their a306?

I even tried turning the setting off and back on without any change
The DAP has to be turned on while charging for the battery limit to work, as it is a function of the OS. If powered off, then it will charge to 100%

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #3,293 of 4,129
I've been using this at home as a digital transport via USB to my Schiit Yggdrasil (Less is more variant). Firstly it works perfectly and is so nice to have the 306's functionality with the Yggdrasil. Secondly I know battery life is drained faster when being used as a transport via USB out. I'm averaging about 8-9hrs when used this way which is fair for my use case. I'm running everything from my micro SD card through the Walkman app mostly with Redbook flac and some high res flacs here & there. No WiFi or Bluetooth or any other apps. My guess is battery life will be less if using WiFi/Bluetooth etc.

Battery life is otherwise great in standard Walkman portable usage when out & about.

Awesome device and the perfect walkman for me. Really happy how much faster it is to load from fresh turn on compared to my previous A55.

Jun 6, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #3,294 of 4,129
These two work together so well via BT or USB. I intend to use the BTR7 mostly with my short cable to SE486's. (Pic. at bottom)

LDAC Best between these two stable around house/garden.

Cases are nearly same colour!

20230606_133107.jpg

20230606_133611.jpg

20230606_134740.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #3,296 of 4,129
Jun 6, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #3,297 of 4,129
either put the songs into folders and navigate via folders on the player or make an m3u playlist in itunes or musicbee or something and save it to your music folders and navigate to playlists.

you cant then add music to those playlists via the sony player tho if you create it on a computer.

the walkman app is really crap in some regards like that.

yeah ive got no idea where they go. if you reset the player you lose them as well another bad design of the walkman app
Hurray!!! I was wondering about this myself. Crazy question, anybody got a clue what the pathnames should be if the music is on an external card?

Jun 8, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #3,298 of 4,129
The DAP has to be turned on while charging for the battery limit to work, as it is a function of the OS. If powered off, then it will charge to 100%
Ah ok, I think I liked the implementation better on the AM2. It would turn on when plugged into charge to make sure that you did not overcharge it

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #3,299 of 4,129
Ah ok, I think I liked the implementation better on the AM2. It would turn on when plugged into charge to make sure that you did not overcharge it
Yes, I can understand that preference, when the battery save function is the priority.

But there were many people who disliked having the AM2 turn on when charging, as they just wanted to charge without turning on.

So the only way to make everybody happy would be to have an option in the Settings to control what it does. Otherwise, some people will prefer one, and some the other.

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #3,300 of 4,129
This may have been discussed before, but has anyone tried the Sony NW-a306 and the iFi Audio GO Link together? So, the Sony NW-a306 would be used as a digital transport in this case. Is that right?

Works like a charm, great if you need a bit more power. I've tried a crapload of dongles wired and BT and they all work flawless with a306. One thing I've discovered is even with 400 dollar dongles I still prefer the sound out of the a306. Always at first they sound 'better' but once I get used to them and properly volume matched I go back to straight a306.

This would probably not be the case if I had something demanding to drive, as the dongles all have more power. And strangely the cheap ifi go link was one of the best sounding to me. But in the end it's not worth the plugging and unplugging for a slightly (maybe) different sound. Just my 2 cents, and I've really tried alot in the last couple of months lol. It was fun.

But short answer is yes everything worked great with a306 unless I was using hiby music USB exclusive mode, that could be an android fault, with Sony's framework involved.

So quite the testimate to this tiny dap, at least to my ears.

Um forgot to add that battery life will go down faster of course with a wired dongle. Going to try the new cayin RU7 and that will be my last for a while I think 😀

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back