New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 28, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #1,532 of 4,129
I will try it as soon as it arrives and I have some time. I mean if there is no risk of damage to the DAC, I can just try

I don't see how it could damage the DAC. I would start at low DAP volume and make sure the Beringer is set for line level input.

Feb 28, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,533 of 4,129
I was also thinking of pairing my a306 with the ibasso dc03 pro. For some fun listening. I’m curious how it affects the battery life on the a306? I have Fiio Ka3 dongle that works but not so friendly without a volume control on the dac itself. So I’m curious if it’s a good replacement.

Feb 28, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,534 of 4,129
I was also thinking of pairing my a306 with the ibasso dc03 pro. For some fun listening. I’m curious how it affects the battery life on the a306? I have Fiio Ka3 dongle that works but not so friendly without a volume control on the dac itself. So I’m curious if it’s a good replacement.

I haven't really measured it per say but it seems pretty decent on the battery. Of course it uses some extra juice but that's to be expected. I'd guess maybe 10 to 12 hours using it. That's just a rough estimate mind you. It's a great combo though, You get a slightly warmer sound with a bit more depth/width in the sound stage and more sub bass response. It's good stuff. For 60 bucks this thing sounds like some mid priced daps I've had, even on single ended. App adds 3 gain settings and filters.

Tried my old HD 595 and meize 99 and they both sang. Can't really wear overear stuff for any length of time but the things got kick for being so small. Kind of reminds me a bit of the r2r cayin dongle sound wise but cleaner and blacker. So if you want a change from the Sony tuning it's nice. Volume controls work well. An easy rec from me.

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #1,535 of 4,129
I haven't really measured it per say but it seems pretty decent on the battery. Of course it uses some extra juice but that's to be expected. I'd guess maybe 10 to 12 hours using it. That's just a rough estimate mind you. It's a great combo though, You get a slightly warmer sound with a bit more depth/width in the sound stage and more sub bass response. It's good stuff. For 60 bucks this thing sounds like some mid priced daps I've had, even on single ended. App adds 3 gain settings and filters.

Tried my old HD 595 and meize 99 and they both sang. Can't really wear overear stuff for any length of time but the things got kick for being so small. Kind of reminds me a bit of the r2r cayin dongle sound wise but cleaner and blacker. So if you want a change from the Sony tuning it's nice. Volume controls work well. An easy rec from me.
Awesome! Appreciate the detailed response. Def can’t beat that price for 60 bucks! The only disappointment is the shipping time right now. It’s showing about a month on their website along with Amazon, unless I express it. I also saw the other dc04 pro with an included balanced connection for double the price, hard to pass up that nice price for the dc03. Thanks for the input!

Feb 28, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #1,537 of 4,129
Been playing my A306 with my Sony MDR 1AM2 this is a great combination it sounds very good ...Sony headphones and iems always have great synergy
Interesting, they're not that expensive if I recall?

I'm absolutely loving my A306 and I don't even have decent headphones / in-ears yet!

Even my 'reasonable' Shure SE425s died of old age the day after I got the Walkman (replacements SE425s arriving tomorrow) but I'm really looking forward to trying some higher end ones in n a couple of weeks. 😎👍

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #1,538 of 4,129
Interesting, they're not that expensive if I recall?

I'm absolutely loving my A306 and I don't even have decent headphones / in-ears yet!

Even my 'reasonable' Shure SE425s died of old age the day after I got the Walkman (replacements SE425s arriving tomorrow) but I'm really looking forward to trying some higher end ones in n a couple of weeks. 😎👍
The 425's are nothing to sneeze at.

Feb 28, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #1,540 of 4,129
Awesome! Appreciate the detailed response. Def can’t beat that price for 60 bucks! The only disappointment is the shipping time right now. It’s showing about a month on their website along with Amazon, unless I express it. I also saw the other dc04 pro with an included balanced connection for double the price, hard to pass up that nice price for the dc03. Thanks for the input!

Got

I got mine from Pinellia audio store on AliExpress for 54 bucks and change. It was shipped from NJ and It arrived in 4 days. Free shipping. I assume you're in the US.

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/1102094283

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 9:43 PM Post #1,543 of 4,129
It's a phrase. In other words, the 425's aren't a poor IEM.
Ah gotcha.
I thought it sounded good with the A306 before the ear piece fell apart, but I was told by others it wasn't. 🤔

Always sounded great while I was drumming.

Mar 1, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #1,545 of 4,129
I know this is a weird question, but important for comparison reasons to the Sony A306:
Is the Headphone Jack on an Apple IPad impedance aware, does anyone know? I am Hella confused right now. My IE200 and HD599 at 40% volume sound about the same volume level wise 🤔 thought I would compare the output of the Sony to my shanling M1, my Pixel and my iPad later on and give a quick review, but that just threw me of lol

Edit:
My ears are definitely playing tricks on me. The HD 599s are quieter, just not as much as expected

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back