New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #1,546 of 4,137
I know this is a weird question, but important for comparison reasons to the Sony A306:
Is the Headphone Jack on an Apple IPad impedance aware, does anyone know? I am Hella confused right now. My IE200 and HD599 at 40% volume sound about the same volume level wise 🤔 thought I would compare the output of the Sony to my shanling M1, my Pixel and my iPad later on and give a quick review, but that just threw me of lol

Edit:
My ears are definitely playing tricks on me. The HD 599s are quieter, just not as much as expected
IE200 is 18 Ohm and HD599 only 50 Ohm so not much difference between the two really. The HD599 headphones are easy drive compared to higher end Sennheiser.

Interesting read https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/sensitivity-impedance-and-amplifier-power

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #1,547 of 4,137
Mar 1, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #1,548 of 4,137
Interesting, they're not that expensive if I recall?

I'm absolutely loving my A306 and I don't even have decent headphones / in-ears yet!

Even my 'reasonable' Shure SE425s died of old age the day after I got the Walkman (replacements SE425s arriving tomorrow) but I'm really looking forward to trying some higher end ones in n a couple of weeks. 😎👍
Yep headphones are very important in the chain, i always used to buy cheap ones until i started buying more expensive gear than i realised just how much ..great bass and treble with silky mids and a great soundstage made the music soooo much better.

Mar 1, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,549 of 4,137
UAPP now updated

20230301_121245.jpg
20230301_121314.jpg

Showing & playing MQA master fine
20230301_124839.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #1,550 of 4,137
Still no news from Sony yet on 10dB bass drop then :slight_frown:

UAPP playing DSD, MQA & FLAC all great. Slight sluggish in app but much faster than in 1AM2 I had.

DSD is not native of course, converted to PCM but still sounds great. MQA in UAPP with paid add-in is a single unfold (nor sure in Walkman App)

Saying that, I will still stick with Walkman app for my own files because I think it should use less battery (need to test battery Walkman Music vs UAPP)

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #1,551 of 4,137
Yep headphones are very important in the chain, i always used to buy cheap ones until i started buying more expensive gear than i realised just how much ..great bass and treble with silky mids and a great soundstage made the music soooo much better.

My 8yo Shure SE846's still sound awesome, and really good with the A307 (now amp hiss seems to have gone), and still most comfy for me too.

I use my SE846's at work and either M9's or FD7's at home.

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #1,552 of 4,137
Still no news from Sony yet on 10dB bass drop then :slight_frown:

Someone from Sony contacted me by email last night and is asking to set up a phone call. I'm not sure exactly what they want to discuss (the email wasn't very specific) but I have replied back that I am available any time. It looks like they are on California time so maybe I'll hear back later today.

Mar 1, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #1,553 of 4,137
Someone from Sony contacted me by email last night and is asking to set up a phone call. I'm not sure exactly what they want to discuss (the email wasn't very specific) but I have replied back that I am available any time. It looks like they are on California time so maybe I'll hear back later today.
That would be awesome, thanks for keeping us updated

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #1,554 of 4,137
Thank you for your perseverance and keeping us always updated.

Mar 1, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #1,555 of 4,137
Real world battery for me, charged 8 days ago. 15hrs of music playback time in 3 apps, 35min screen time. Battery worries a thing of the past with this DAP

Spotify will include some live streaming over Wi-Fi too.

20230301_135255.jpg20230301_135303.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #1,556 of 4,137

That's good, hopefully it's not just a csr but someone that understands the problem. Or someone that can get the info to the proper channels, in the rare event they're not already aware of the snafu.

Thanks again, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 😉

Ok I'm finally feeling better after 2 months, my voice is back and I called Sony electronics customer service and told a csr (Ben) the issue some of us are having. He said he will pass the info on, he was very nice and promted me to comment on the community site. He said the more on there the better. He did already have my info because I complained about the US model being volume capped. I explained this is something else obviously.

No doubt the same thing rlw6534 posted on but the more the merrier.
Screenshot_20230301-095722_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #1,557 of 4,137
That's good, hopefully it's not just a csr but someone that understands the problem. Or someone that can get the info to the proper channels, in the rare event they're not already aware of the snafu.

Thanks again, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 😉

For all I know they may just want general feedback on using the Sony Community Forum (where I posted about the issue). Honestly, I am surprised that Sony actually wants to talk to me directly... I guess we will see.

I appreciate the others who added to the thread with the same concerns. Maybe the activity got their attention.

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,559 of 4,137
For all I know they may just want general feedback on using the Sony Community Forum (where I posted about the issue). Honestly, I am surprised that Sony actually wants to talk to me directly... I guess we will see.

I appreciate the others who added to the thread with the same concerns. Maybe the activity got their attention.

Any contact is good! We're not giving up until eveybodies a306 a307 reads as flat as... a pancake? My bank account? Herman Munsters head? My gf's chest?- Cedar it is and really flat on top 😀 the earth, according to some.

Ok I'm done.

Mar 1, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,560 of 4,137
My unit came from Amazon Japan without the bass.

model: YV1301B1
build number: 1.00.12

Another for the archives. Sony what are you guys smoking? Can pics be posted on the community site? These results should be there if possible. No doubts about the drop offs in freq being identical.

Too many sentences...... :frowning2:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back