New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 14, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #736 of 4,132
Mine should be here on Friday hopefully will be testing with my FH7 if it sounds like the A105 i will be more than pleased, i did like the player but it was sluggish and battery life was bad
And the ZX507 had even lower battery. This is much more like it.

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #739 of 4,132
I thought you had a P6K?

Lol yes, I had a 5000, 6000, and 2 dongles.

From memory, paw 6000 was warmer sounding and of course has more power output. And maybe had a bit wider sound stage. Great sounding for sure. But with my easy to drive stuff a306 holds it's own and is a bit brighter and I'd say clearer sounding.

Nice thing about lotoo was it's dsp and eq settings and fast boot. Nice thing about the Sony, tiny and full Android both sound very good. With full size cans I'd expect the lotoo to win.

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #740 of 4,132
Guys, sorry for the off-topic but I can see here that you guys have a big amount of experience with sony DAPs, I would like to blueetooth-ize my Shure's aonic 3, most likely they are not the best earphones around but I'm pretty happy with them.. and I would like to buy some true wireless module but the official Shure one https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories/rmce-tw2?variant=RMCE-TW2 doesn't have support for LDAC codec.. and not even the newest FiiO one https://www.fiio.com/utws5

I'm aware that if I want audio quality, bluetooth is not the way to go, but I would like to take the most from my A307, not only wired but also bluetooth-wise. Do you think LDAC codec really worth the quality to search for some pure LDAC solution bluetooth module add-on (if there's any out there) or should I go for something like this? https://electronics.sony.com/audio/headphones/truly-wireless-earbuds/p/wf1000xm4-b

Thank you!

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:55 PM Post #741 of 4,132
Lol yes, I had a 5000, 6000, and 2 dongles.

From memory, paw 6000 was warmer sounding and of course has more power output. And maybe had a bit wider sound stage. Great sounding for sure. But with my easy to drive stuff a306 holds it's own and is a bit brighter and I'd say clearer sounding.

Nice thing about lotoo was it's dsp and eq settings and fast boot. Nice thing about the Sony, tiny and full Android both sound very good. With full size cans I'd expect the lotoo to win.

I find P6 quite bright and airy, zx300 and zx507 from memory I'd say were warmer. Wasn't very impressed with the ZX300, the 507 was a big step up imo and the Paw 6 a slight improvement on that, but in fairness it's a more expensive player.

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #742 of 4,132
I find P6 quite bright and airy, zx300 and zx507 from memory I'd say were warmer. Wasn't very impressed with the ZX300, the 507 was a big step up imo and the Paw 6 a slight improvement on that, but in fairness it's a more expensive player.

Lol yes this is nothing like zx300. If you find 6000 bright I'm not sure you'd like the a306. a105 didn't sound like the 507 either it was leaner. It's all on what you're using as cans and iems too. I found the 6000 quite smooth. No beating around the bush the a306 is on the bright side. But my old ears appreciate that 😀

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #743 of 4,132
Lol yes this is nothing like zx300. If you find 6000 bright I'm not sure you'd like the a306. a105 didn't sound like the 507 either it was leaner. It's all on what you're using as cans and iems too. I found the 6000 quite smooth. No beating around the bush the a306 is on the bright side. But my old ears appreciate that 😀

I would actually call the zx300 'muddy' sounding compared with the 507. 507 is a lovely player and the perfect size, I regret selling mine.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #745 of 4,132
I'm happy with much smaller/lighter size even if I could detect a slight difference. The A307 is certainly a bit brighter but I like it and that's what matters most for me.

Sounds like when I posted in the Hugo thread I couldn't hear a difference between it and my Opus #2 :smile:
Probably shows I have deficient hearing but it saved me a lot of money and carrying more gear around.

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #746 of 4,132
I hope you don’t find it bright due to its large bass rolloff defect like I had on mine.

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #747 of 4,132
You hit it

I couldn't say I could blind test listening between 3.5mm vs 4.4mm on the WM1AM2 if volume matched. The WM1AM2 has more power and some can detect the 5-10% improvement as price increases with these DAP's.

The WM1AM2 will surely be better with headphones needing more power and those with very discerning ears.

I'm happy with much smaller/lighter size even if I could detect a slight difference. The A307 is certainly a bit brighter but I like it and that's what matters most for me.

Look forward to your opinion.
I like the WM1AM2 - I notice the difference when in audio improvement typically when listening to it for longer over the ZX507. Sometimes not so obvious but other times it’s black and white.

How much brighter do you find a306 over wm1am2? I wouldn’t say am2 is warm, just a touch more zen and together sounding over say a Mojo 2. I hope a306 isn’t very bright but I’m getting lot of vibes it might be a little too hot (I wasn’t able to judge mine properly due to its defect

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #748 of 4,132
I like the WM1AM2 - I notice the difference when in audio improvement typically when listening to it for longer over the ZX507. Sometimes not so obvious but other times it’s black and white.

How much brighter do you find a306 over wm1am2? I wouldn’t say am2 is warm, just a touch more zen and together sounding over say a Mojo 2. I hope a306 isn’t very bright but I’m getting lot of vibes it might be a little too hot (I wasn’t able to judge mine properly due to its defect
Not as bright as ESS DAC DAP's.

Still Sony sound IMO, only slightly brighter than 1AM2 to me.

Feb 14, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #749 of 4,132
I hope you don’t find it bright due to its large bass rolloff defect like I had on mine.

Lol, no it's a bright player regardless, similar to the a105. Bass is very good. It was weak on the capped version though.

Actually just noticed I haven't changed the EQ settings from the other day when I was using my wireless buds. I had the trebles boosted because they're bass heavy. Sounds better after I took the treble down. Went from dark DD to bright multi BA driver, was bright lol.

Also I have to remember to turn off eq when I use hiby app because with mseb and the Sony eq on simultaneously it sounds not right.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #750 of 4,132
I would actually call the zx300 'muddy' sounding compared with the 507. 507 is a lovely player and the perfect size, I regret selling mine.
The ZX300 is a warm sounding dap with nice details not bright at all comparing to the A55 which was bright very different from the 3.5mm on both

Users who are viewing this thread

Back