New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 10, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #511 of 4,129
HD650’s Impedance is 300 ohm and I was able to listen at an audible level around 110-120%

You must have bat ears, I could barely get enough power to run my 32 ohm iems.

I can't wear headphones anymore but I had the hd650 and really thought they only sounded good on a desktop amp. They could get loud on a powerful dap but still sounded a bit thin. I wouldn't try to power any of the 600 series on the a306.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #515 of 4,129
It is annoying though that it automatically stops playing and puts up a volume warning randomly and lowers the volume to 50.
Wait, you can be listening to an album and at any given moment it will stop playing and you get a pop up, then lower the volume to 50; even though the model is already volume capped? But you also can't remove that warning? What in the world is Sony thinking?

Feb 10, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #516 of 4,129
Got mine today from accessory jack and it's not capped and sounds wonderful. It's better on bass and sounds fuller, I'm back to 85 to 95 for conformable volume and no more volume warnings. HK model BTW.

I don't recommend the US version. Even if you've got easy to drive stuff. There's always the chance you'll want more volume on tap and the warnings are annoying and you can't turn them off.

Feb 10, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #517 of 4,129
Wait, you can be listening to an album and at any given moment it will stop playing and you get a pop up, then lower the volume to 50; even though the model is already volume capped? But you also can't remove that warning? What in the world is Sony thinking?

Idk but that's exactly how it was. I sent it back, I don't know why they did that here? BTW I only payed 20 dollars more on AJ, because you don't have to pay tax and free shipping. Got in 4 days. I think lol. Those poor people who bought the 707 well the US version doesn't have the high gain mode.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #518 of 4,129
Got mine today, not capped it's awesome!
if i had got your message earlier i would have have bought straight from them Acessory jack ...as they ship quite fast ordered from buyee thats going to take a while ..hmmmm maybe i should order again ...LOL

Feb 10, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #519 of 4,129
if i had got your message earlier i would have have bought straight from them Acessory jack ...as they ship quite fast ordered from buyee thats going to take a while ..hmmmm maybe i should order again ...LOL

My Gmail notices aren't popping up lately, I just checked the thread on my own. They do ship fast and I've always had good luck with them. No returns though unless it's defective, but I already knew I liked it. Just needed more volume. 😌

Feb 11, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #521 of 4,129
I got my JP A306 in the mail today. I had a US version that I sent back because they could barely power my KZ PR1 Pros. I had to max out the volume at 120; my Google Pixel 4a was getting louder than it. Plus I was not looking forward to the audio being dropped in the middle of playback in the future. The JP version can drive them at 95 volume just fine.

Listened to just over 2.5 hours of music on and off from a full charge. All FLACs. About half CD quality (44.1khz/16-bit) and half 48khz/24-bit. The battery dropped to 93% by the end. Quick math puts this out to 36 hours of playback which is very nice, even if real use will probably be less than that.

I went in and disabled all the non-music apps on it including the Google Play stuff (I don't do streaming so I don't need the Play Store for apps) and dropped the brightness to 30%, although the screen was off the majority of the time.

I loaded a 1TB card with ~550GB/~28,000 tracks on it and the Walkman player seems to work fine for now. Album navigation works fine but it doesn't do proper sorting on titles with prefixes so all my "A XXX" and "The XXX" albums clump together instead of sorting by the work after the prefix which sucks. The initial library building took like 15 minutes but hopefully it won't be that long when adding new albums.

Feb 11, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #523 of 4,129
It's probably not surprising, as the manual mentions that the A306 was confirmed to handle 20,000 tracks.
I'm not sure this is correct. The 20000tracks number is about how many you can fit in the internal memory with 128k crap, they give lower number for bigger files so my interpretation is that it's only about storage space. With an added card in it you probably can do whatever. At least I hope it's the case.

Feb 11, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #524 of 4,129
I am guessing there would be noticeable hiss if I was to use the Sony with my Campfire Andromeda 2020? Only my HiBy R3 Pro Saber and a selection of dongles have a silent background with my Andros.

Feb 11, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #525 of 4,129
Untitled.png

2.1 Ohm output impedance doesn't look so good, this will mess up some iems for sure.
Keep this in mind during comparisons, Sony will sound slightly "different" only because of that :D

There are other interesting measurements in this video as well, like power, crosstalk, SINAD etc

This isn’t great news for campfire Andromeda - they get too bright with OI above 1.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back