New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #2,221 of 4,129
I think I had some of those sound enhancement enabled. I ran the test again with all of them switched off. I don't think it looks great :
7EbWXoU.png

There's no high gain either as it is the UK model, any thoughts?

That's much better, but you clearly have the low bass issue. Unfortunately the UK version also has the volume cap. None of the A300 models have a high-gain option.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #2,222 of 4,129
Whats direct
I just got off the phone with Sony and can confirm that the low bass issue has been identified as software and a firmware update to resolve is being developed. I'm afraid I don't have any information on the timeline. I'm sure it's a priority for them. Let's hope it comes soon.

I saw your post on the Sony page 😀 This is as we both figured, software f up. Good news, now everyone will will able to enjoy the deep bass.

No more, you're basses belongs to us 😉

Many thanks 😊 wouldn't it be funny if after the update people complain about not enough treble and too much bass? Where did my super mids and trebles go ????

Ha ha.

I saw your post on the Sony page 😀 This is as we both figured, software f up. Good news, now everyone will will able to enjoy the deep bass.

Many thanks 😊 wouldn't it be funny if after the update people complain about not enough treble and too much bass? Where did my super mids and trebles go ????

Ha ha.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #2,224 of 4,129

Ha ha.

Yeah. Sony actually asked me to post on the Community Forum to let people know. I'm not sure why they didn't post themselves. Maybe there isn't a script for that... :wink:

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #2,226 of 4,129
I just got off the phone with Sony and can confirm that the low bass issue has been identified as software and a firmware update to resolve is being developed. I'm afraid I don't have any information on the timeline. I'm sure it's a priority for them. Let's hope it comes soon.
That is great news (was I right about a ghost FW being applied to some units?) - well I posted mine for return a few hours ago … meanwhile I’m on eye of an used (like new) iBasso DX240 for 529 while new costs 850++. Any saying about this one?

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #2,227 of 4,129
That is great news (was I right about a ghost FW being applied to some units?) - well I posted mine for return a few hours ago … meanwhile I’m on eye of an used (like new) iBasso DX240 for 529 while new costs 850++. Any saying about this one?

I didn't get any specifics on what caused the issue. I did ask...

It was just dumb luck that I was able to talk directly to Sony. They had called me on a completely different issue related to their forum design and effectiveness. I was lucky that the individual was conscientious enough to follow up on my specific post and get an answer.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #2,228 of 4,129

It's a nice dap, I had one, that's a very good price. Lots of power, great screen, and fast. Very good wide open sound, plus upgradable amp cards, well interchangeable. 😀 Mine was green which is always a plus in my books. If you don't mind a bigger dap it's excellent. The newer ibasso stuff is really nice. Actually cayin, hiby, and ibasso all make solid stuff.

Mar 15, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #2,229 of 4,129
I didn't get any specifics on what caused the issue. I did ask...

It was just dumb luck that I was able to talk directly to Sony. They had called me on a completely different issue related to their forum design and effectiveness. I was lucky that the individual was conscientious enough to follow up on my specific post and get an answer.

Sounds like they were aware of it already (hopefully) so a fix should be around the corner.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #2,230 of 4,129
Well lots of reasons, first it's full Android, second it's going to be fixed, third the sound is different than r3, it's Sony. And I personally like they styling and build much better.
Oh man .. my post was before rlw6534 has posted that they are gonna fix it .. and thankfully it is a software issue and they now know about it ... And Pleasssee spare me from "its a Sony "🥺 of course i know its a sony and i love how walkmans sound .. i had and still have many walkmans : E 013 still working till now .. x1000 still working beautifully ..ZX -1 but outdated now because of that android thing but still beautiful sounding ..
The thing is .. Sony made me Really SAD these days ..

1-moving their walkman Flagships from Malaysia to China ( nothing really wrong with china - every thing is Chinese now) but that made their Malaysian models special ..

2-at the same time ugly bigger transformation for their ZX series and letting them look like every chinese player out there 🙄

3-Let alone killing Sense me channels that i was using a lot and made walkmans really special music machines for me .

4- Volume capping every walkman now except asian ones .. and it is such a savage capping without even notifying the consumer . That alone makes Sony sound thing becomes more and more irrelevant to me 😔

I am only in that thread till now to see how sony will deal with that defect in their walkmans to see if i am going to continue keeping faith in them as i was .. or just move on and consider Walkmans as a part from a beautiful past 😔

Of course if all you want a cute tiny android player .. it is a cute tiny android player..

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #2,231 of 4,129
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #2,232 of 4,129
Oh man .. my post was before rlw6534 has posted that they are gonna fix it .. and thankfully it is a software issue and they now know about it ... And Pleasssee spare me from "its a Sony "🥺 of course i know its a sony and i love how walkmans sound .. i had and still have many walkmans : E 013 still working till now .. x1000 still working beautifully ..ZX -1 but outdated now because of that android thing but still beautiful sounding ..
The thing is .. Sony made me Really SAD these days ..

1-moving their walkman Flagships from Malaysia to China ( nothing really wrong with china - every thing is Chinese now) but that made their Malaysian models special ..

2-at the same time ugly bigger transformation for their ZX series and letting them look like every chinese player out there 🙄

3-Let alone killing Sense me channels that i was using a lot and made walkmans really special music machines for me .

4- Volume capping every walkman now except asian ones .. and it is such a savage capping without even notifying the consumer . That alone makes Sony sound thing becomes more and more irrelevant to me 😔

I am only in that thread till now to see how sony will deal with that defect in their walkmans to see if i am going to continue keeping faith in them as i was .. or just move on and consider Walkmans as a part from a beautiful past 😔

Of course if all you want a cute tiny android player .. it is a cute tiny android player..

Lol yes I know, but r3 saber has its own problems. I've had several of them. I wish hiby would have upgraded the 2022 with the ingenic 2000 chip and maybe refreshed the style and added a 4.4 jack. But the little Sony is ace for me.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #2,234 of 4,129
Lol yes I know, but r3 saber has its own problems. I've had several of them. I wish hiby would have upgraded the 2022 with the ingenic 2000 chip and maybe refreshed the style and added a 4.4 jack. But the little Sony is ace for me.

I also have an R3 Pro (Cirrus) and actually use it quite a bit. The Sony is, of course, more flexible with full Android and all streaming services (and better wifi). Both are nice and pocketable.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #2,235 of 4,129
I think I had some of those sound enhancement enabled. I ran the test again with all of them switched off. I don't think it looks great :
7EbWXoU.png

There's no high gain either as it is the UK model, any thoughts?
Just so you know, no A series as high gain, only the ZX & WM higher-end DAPs

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back