NEW Sony EX90LP
Jan 10, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #31 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by bh_ninja
5 pairs in 7 months??? i hope u didnt pay for all 5 pairs... i actually was dumb enuff to pay for 2... and both cords are messed up.... i even msged their customer service and they told me to call them even though they ask for ur phone # etc... i mean wth do they ask for ur addy/telephone # etc and they dont even give u enuff respect to call u....

anyways not gonna buy anything sony again i mean if thats how they treat their customers i dont wanna support a company like that...

no ha ha , I only paid for the first pair. serioulsy i am going to keep swapping for new pairs for free in the sony centre until they admit they have a problem
etysmile.gif

€200 euros of earphones wasted so far, 5 months to go...(we have a one year guarantee by EU law on electronics products in europe)

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #32 of 119
Some reports have indicated these EX90 may be available March/April for about $90-$100 USD.

I think the EX70 may be the better sounding of the later EX## series thus far. As some others have stated, the EX71 and EX81 seem to be lacking in midrange.

Paul

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #36 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
it's like they just went and combined the cresyn axe2 and something from the ex series to create some ugly monster that is rather akin to the sony ed238ml (which was actually was a rather nice earbud)

I for one will not be too suprised if people arent too pleased with it, and thats not just because heaps of other people have a low opinion of sony's earphones.

Ahh, the Sony 238s! The best cheapo earphone I've ever used. They wouldn't stand up to my ER4S of course, but they were really quite decent for the 25 quid that they cost. When my pair died, I found they were discontinued, and so I bought an EX-70 instead. BIG MISTAKE. Why the hell did they replace such a nice bud with something so crappy?

Anyhow, after that little trip down memory lane, back to on-topic. I don't hold out much hope for those phones really. Or at least I'm not expecting to like them. Seems to me Sony these days is just going for the ha, uneducated masses (puts on flame proof suit) with their earbuds - big bass and not much else.

I could be wrong of course (why break the habit of a lifetime?
eek.gif
)...

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #37 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Hmm, I've had a set of EX's for over 2 years with no signs of wear or damage.

Consider yourself extremely lucky I had two sets of the EX71s, black and white, and both of them had frayed cords in three months, for the price of these new Sonys I'd rather have my ATH-CM7s. Durable, super wide frequency range, excellent bass without being muddy like the Sonys.

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:44 AM Post #38 of 119
This thread is popular;
How come no one checked out the thread about the JVC FX-77's I posted about?

I mean the JVC FX-55 is WAY better than the EX series. They have much more lush sounds (deep bass and crisp highs and nice mids), and the FX-77's will be around $35. 1/3 the price of the EX90's.

Can't wait till AC gets a hold of them.
orphsmile.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 10:04 PM Post #40 of 119
I bought them from Circuit City in Brooklyn, NY yesterday for $100. I haven't had the guts to use them yet, but they are really nice looking and fit rather well. They come with three sizes as expected and a leather case. Mine didn't have the extention cord (EX90LP). The case is genuine leather and is like a cell phone pouch. Inside is a plastic thing that you put the buds in and wind the wires around. I'm not going to use them, fearing the wires break.

Apr 16, 2006 at 11:33 PM Post #42 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PigCorpse
I bought them from Circuit City in Brooklyn, NY yesterday for $100. I haven't had the guts to use them yet, but they are really nice looking and fit rather well. They come with three sizes as expected and a leather case. Mine didn't have the extention cord (EX90LP). The case is genuine leather and is like a cell phone pouch. Inside is a plastic thing that you put the buds in and wind the wires around. I'm not going to use them, fearing the wires break.

Any impressions? Does it have the Y styel cord?

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #43 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by okcomputer
i emailed this to sony support using this f/b page, can anyone who has fallen victim of the "exX series chord syndrome" do so to0?:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...sy_help%2eisml

Hi , I have gone though 5 pairs in the last 7 months of these because the cord keeps ripping

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...FontopiaEarbud

I have heard so many similar experiences with these earphones and also the ex81 that it is not just me. I love them but once my guarantee is up, I wont be buying another pair. The chord literally melts and disintegrates after a month or 2 and literally the exposed wire breaks and one of the ears “go”. I have literally bought €1 earphones with a more sturdy chord.

Now I see you have made ex90’s with the same crappy chord. Can you improve this please , you must get thousands of complaints?

cheers

Have you tried just repairing them yourself? It shouldn't be too difficult just need some wire strippers, solder, a soldering iron and heat shrink. Heat shrink would strength the cable a bit. I think its a lot better then buying more then one pair.

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #44 of 119
It's a y-style cord, one side is longer than the other. It's the same joint as the PSP headphones' (the right cord leads away from the left). It looks reeeal nice... I haven't heard them though. If you have any questions, feel free and I'll try to answer them.

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #45 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
This thread is popular;
How come no one checked out the thread about the JVC FX-77's I posted about?

I mean the JVC FX-55 is WAY better than the EX series. They have much more lush sounds (deep bass and crisp highs and nice mids), and the FX-77's will be around $35. 1/3 the price of the EX90's.

Can't wait till AC gets a hold of them.
orphsmile.gif

They had FX55s at Circuit City too, but I decided on the EX90 anyway. I might give the FX55s a try.

Edit:

My God the EX90s are amazing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back