NEW Sony EX90LP
Jan 9, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #16 of 119
5 pairs in 7 months??? i hope u didnt pay for all 5 pairs... i actually was dumb enuff to pay for 2... and both cords are messed up.... i even msged their customer service and they told me to call them even though they ask for ur phone # etc... i mean wth do they ask for ur addy/telephone # etc and they dont even give u enuff respect to call u....

anyways not gonna buy anything sony again i mean if thats how they treat their customers i dont wanna support a company like that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcomputer
i emailed this to sony support using this f/b page, can anyone who has fallen victim of the "exX series chord syndrome" do so to0?:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...sy_help%2eisml

Hi , I have gone though 5 pairs in the last 7 months of these because the cord keeps ripping

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...FontopiaEarbud

I have heard so many similar experiences with these earphones and also the ex81 that it is not just me. I love them but once my guarantee is up, I wont be buying another pair. The chord literally melts and disintegrates after a month or 2 and literally the exposed wire breaks and one of the ears “go”. I have literally bought €1 earphones with a more sturdy chord.

Now I see you have made ex90’s with the same crappy chord. Can you improve this please , you must get thousands of complaints?

cheers

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #17 of 119
I doubt they'll be as comfortable as the EX71s unless sony pull some magic off; look at the shape of those things!

If the sound has a tad less bass and alot more mids, they may be a winner.

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 119
034a.jpg

I'm pretty dissapointed. I was hoping more for something along the lines of a sup $100 Qualia-style earbud. All they need to do is make the EX71's with a durabel one-peice cord and better balance and they'd make millions. With a driver that big I wish they'd gone with more of a Shure e2-style fit, because they look like they'll stick out. I'm also guessing they will still have tons of bass (iBuds w/Griffin Earjams?).

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #20 of 119
How do people that think the EX series are fragile and break too often do to the phones? I hada pair of EX70 that lasted me well over an year and a pair of EX71 that lasted me 7 or 8 months without any problems. I sold them in pristine conditions.

And I really do use them. Jog with them at least 3~5 times a week and use them for an average of 25~30 hours a week.

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #21 of 119
Over on iLounge someone figured out that the problem began about one year ago (early 2005), and all Sony EX's after that time had a cord that would disintegrate in a month or two. My roommate and I both ordered some (from different places) after Christmas last year, and his cable is still strong (but the plug broke) and my cable went bad in about 2 1/2 weeks. Since then between me and 3 roommates we've gone through about 4 pairs with bad cords.

Jan 9, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #23 of 119
it's like they just went and combined the cresyn axe2 and something from the ex series to create some ugly monster that is rather akin to the sony ed238ml (which was actually was a rather nice earbud)

I for one will not be too suprised if people arent too pleased with it, and thats not just because heaps of other people have a low opinion of sony's earphones.

Jan 9, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #24 of 119
is it just me, or do they look gigantic?

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:05 AM Post #27 of 119
They look like they're earbud drivers with earjam-type addons to them for isolation and direct piping of sound to your eardrums. Could be comfy, could not be.

xluben that makes a lot of sense - the EX71s I've had for 3-4 years now still have an intact cord (though it's twisted every which way now and one of the earbuds is split from various methods of abuse), this "the cables disintegrate" thing was confusing me until now
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #29 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
If you're American, it has to go inside. Not sure which rule Canada follows.
smily_headphones1.gif

No, it doesn't. Observe:

John said "Is that an elephant?"
Did John say "That's an elephant"?

Where the question mark goes depends on whether the question was in the speech or not.

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #30 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
No, it doesn't. Observe:

John said "Is that an elephant?"
Did John say "That's an elephant"?

Where the question mark goes depends on whether the question was in the speech or not.

Ah, I was going to make a similar point, but perhaps this particular understanding of punctuation is applicable only in Canada, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back