New Sony 64 GB DAP: NW-A840
Oct 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #106 of 209
The more I use my X, the more I realize I can't go back to a click the button interface. I know touch screens are love it/hate it propositions. If I'm in Japan in December and Sony somehow issues a 64GB version of the X, I'm all over it ...

Oct 16, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #107 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, if only they remove NC and bundled NC earphone and drive the price down by $50. And the Mickey Mouse theme too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalsrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think touch UI allows you to scroll music faster if you have a big collection. I have about 2600 songs so far on my Sony X and i can navigate to any song or album faster. On my A729 it was click click or click and hold to scroll.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I use my X, the more I realize I can't go back to a click the button interface.

I would love a 16GB X for $200 that doesn't come w/ headphones, NC, or a browser. And I'm in complete agreement w/ you guys about flicking back and forth to navigate between files. It's so much easier and efficient than clickity click.

Oct 17, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #108 of 209
I am so freakin angry at Sony....what's wrong with them??? why don't they release it here in Canada or in the US???

I love Sony's sound quality...one month ago I bought Sony's S540 and it sounds just AWESOME but then it started getting scratches all over the body since the screen is 2.4 inch...

so a few days ago had to switch to ipod touch because no matter what you do u can never get any scratches on it... I won't lie, I love my ipod touch but the sound quality sucks biggg timeee compared to Sony's mp3 players..

I wish the X series was around $200 even if it had only 4 gb....because I like touch screen now...I wud really buy it...

They wont even release this new S or A series in the US or Canada...I want Sony's sound quality sooo>>> Sony launch it in Canadaaaa...I want to return my ipod touch and get the new A or S seriessss
tongue_smile.gif

Launch it by nov 10th, 2009
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #109 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabbir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so freakin angry at Sony....what's wrong with them??? why don't they release it here in Canada or in the US???

I love Sony's sound quality...one month ago I bought Sony's S540 and it sounds just AWESOME but then it started getting scratches all over the body since the screen is 2.4 inch...

so a few days ago had to switch to ipod touch because no matter what you do u can never get any scratches on it... I won't lie, I love my ipod touch but the sound quality sucks biggg timeee compared to Sony's mp3 players..

I wish the X series was around $200 even if it had only 4 gb....because I like touch screen now...I wud really buy it...

They wont even release this new S or A series in the US or Canada...I want Sony's sound quality sooo>>> Sony launch it in Canadaaaa...I want to return my ipod touch and get the new A or S seriessss
tongue_smile.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

my ipod touch has many scratches, same problem with many of my friends` ipod touch

Oct 17, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #110 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabbir /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue_smile.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

First, put the Sony in a case. Second, you've gotta' be kidding!!!!! The iPod Touch is a scratch MAGNET!!!! The screen is glass, making it harder to scratch, but it's not as tough as you say. And like I said, get a case for the Sony, it's not a touch screen player.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #112 of 209
kle89 try pricejapan.com

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #113 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by kle89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea on how i can import one from JPN?

can u read japanese language?? because Sony dap japanese version not support English

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #114 of 209
will this work on a mac computer?
I just checked the price on amazon japan and the price for the 64GB is 35000yen (about $350). have family there so I can get it and then shipped to the US.

Nov 17, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #115 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can u read japanese language?? because Sony dap japanese version not support English

Yeah I can to a certain extent.

Someone on youtube posted an unboxing of the player if you guys want to look it up.

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #116 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by kle89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I can to a certain extent.

Someone on youtube posted an unboxing of the player if you guys want to look it up.

Got a link???
popcorn.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #117 of 209
Greetings from Tokyo

Just picked up the 16 Gb version (my listening habits don`t require anything bigger) and for me it is a big step up in SQ from my S639F. The only downside is it is much more revealing of poorly recorded material than the 639F which has made some stuff that was listenable on that player unlistenable on this one for me on both my E3C and CKS70 IEMs.

LevA: drag and drop for both video and music works just fine on a mac. Just drop your songs folder into the walkman`s music folder. The Amazon price you mentioned is pretty good but you can do a little better than that. You can monitor the best prices here ‰口口i.com - WALKMAN(口E口H口[口N口}口“)口口MP3口v口口口[口口口[ 口口口i口口口口 as there as been a little downward movement.

a_tumiya: The menus are pretty straight forward and relatively few in number. The players come with a pdf manual installed with snapshots of all the menus. By copying the Jpn text and menu commands to here: WWWJDIC: Word Search will give you a pretty accurate translation.

Hope this helps!

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #120 of 209
There is no point in ordering one from Japan as all the menu options and such are in Japanese. It will however display English ID3 tags just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back