New Sony 64 GB DAP: NW-A840
Dec 16, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #167 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeansmurf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I meant: does the player work with Windows Seven?

Yes, and so does the X series. My laptop dual boots with W7 and W2K8 R2 (the server).

And it should really work with nearly any version of Windows if you're just doing PnP. If you're using Sony's software, you need the right version for W7.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #168 of 209
Jan 21, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #170 of 209
for those who havent seen. Coming to Aus @ Sony Centres. Arrives Feb 8th. A little pricey imho. $399aud for 16gb, $499aud for 32gb. But Australia always gets srcewed with pricing from Sony
frown.gif

SONY CENTRE - Offer Details

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #171 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by ads1107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those who havent seen. Coming to Aus @ Sony Centres. Arrives Feb 8th. A little pricey imho. $399aud for 16gb, $499aud for 32gb. But Australia always gets srcewed with pricing from Sony
frown.gif

SONY CENTRE - Offer Details

Lol, the pre-order bonus is a $15 silicone case? Ahh well, at least Sony Central is actually owned by Bing Lee, so it will be possible to get a bit of a discount after haggling.

Though, I looked on their system once - their cost price for the $699 X series is $659... so assuming about 10%, the cheapest price for the 32 is $450. Bleh.

And no 64gb?
frown.gif

Still, I can't wait. I don't know if I should spring for one of these or wait for something like a 32GB S:flo
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #176 of 209
Japanese menus only but they are easy to navigate and every thing is in the same place as other sony players. the players also come with a .pdf manual with pics of all the menu options which are easily translatable. also, with the soon to be released 16 GB model in Europe soon, sony will make an online English manual available

The FM tuner covers 76 to 90 MHz

Even if I couldn't read Japanese, I would still want the Japanese model for its ATRAC gapless capability which for me is more important than the FM tuner which I never use

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #177 of 209
Mar 16, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #178 of 209
You guys are going to be very happy soon. I'm the type that buys stock right before a crash -- like George Castanza -- do the opposite of me! I just ordered a Cowon S9, couldn't wait for a US Sony release and didn't want to fool around with a japanese menu, even though I can sort of read some of it. Anyway -- keep an eye out for the Sony USA announcement. It can't be far away.

Mar 21, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #179 of 209
Hi guys,

Report from Singapore. We just had our annual IT show which I reckon is one of the biggest in SE Asia (my goodness for the sheer amount of human traffic). Sony decided to release this DAP there up to 32 GB version. Now a week after the show some Sony Centers are already carrying it; I'll try to take pictures. I don't know whether this is old news or not but the player is definitely in English language. So I suppose sooner or later there will be an American release.

It is priced S$549 for the 32 GB.

And one thing. This DAP is drop dead gorgeous. The one that pulls me out of this cave I'm living in and makes me crave for it like a schoolgirl. Gosh.

I'll post up pictures when I got em.

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #180 of 209
Just got the 16 GB 845 - lovely looking (to a degree), but built very cheaply next to the X. In fact, I would pay for the build quality of the X over the A84x.

Also: sound problems: clicking at regular intervals and a little more hiss than the X. It is nice, but harder to hold (buttons at the way bottom) than the X or my 828. Like, but not love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back