new Solaris OG or used Solaris SE?
May 2, 2020 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tonniyKK

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and looking for some help on Solaris (not sure if this is the right thread to ask and let me know if I should move this to elsewhere)

I've been a long time user of UE TF10 (10 years) and love it for its timbre and didn't mind the V shape though I wasn't looking for it specifically back then. I tried Atlas (fatigue) and W80 (a bit dull/boring) for about a year each but liked neither.

I auditioned andro a few times but determined it's not for my taste (bass & fit). I also had one single short audition on Solaris when it first came out with a good impression. However, it wasn't a good timing back then for me to acquire a new iem and now I forgot how it sounds and can't go audition due to pandemic.

I recently started to do some research (lurking this thread awhile too) and so far it seems Solaris would meet my taste except some of the following:
  • Aware of the OG variance topic, would you guys recommend a) new OG or b) used SE (given I can't easily or for sure find a late 2019 OG)?
  • Do any of Solaris owners have any fit problem? e.g., my ear tragus hurts wearing andro and a bit on w80 (surprisingly as it supposed to be super comfy). I do not have fit problem with TF10 nor Atlas.
I'm not crazy bass head and prefer something natural & balance though nothing too boring (w80 was dull to my taste). I usually listen to music for a very long time every day (due to my work nature). I'm mostly listening to pop, some rock, a lot of vocal live & concert performance, a bit of classical (piano & violin) from apple music & youtube (lol). I have Centrance DACportable, is it good enough for Solaris or I would get problems such as hiss, etc.?

Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back