New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Sep 27, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #811 of 1,045
I know we investigated this one previously. We'll take another look.

What iPad model and iOS version are you using? I'd like to try and re-create the problem if I can.

It is a iPad Air 1st gen and the iOS is 12.4.8.

I think it's been looked at before on your older forum software, but it then went away.

I use my ipad alot because of my health, as it's hard to sit a corsair obsidian 800D pc on my bed.

Nov 5, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #812 of 1,045
I'm still hoping for the feature that stops my 'Watched Threads' from becoming 'unread' when someone I'm ignoring posts something.

Nov 5, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #813 of 1,045
I'm still hoping for the feature that stops my 'Watched Threads' from becoming 'unread' when someone I'm ignoring posts something.
+1

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #814 of 1,045
I unfollowed the " iFi Audio Pro iESL - The Official Thread" months ago and it still pops up in my new posts section. Anyone experience similar bugs?

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #815 of 1,045
I think new posts is just that. If it doesn't show up in the Watched list then WAD (working as designed) :D

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #816 of 1,045
I think new posts is just that. If it doesn't show up in the Watched list then WAD (working as designed) :D
Thats not right.
I've unwatched other threads and they stopped showing up in my new posts. I unwatched the Ananda thread and it disappeared. This is a bug.

Nov 12, 2020 at 6:39 AM Post #817 of 1,045
I'm not sure. If New Posts is supposed to contain posts you watched, then what is Watched for?

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #819 of 1,045
I'm not sure. If New Posts is supposed to contain posts you watched, then what is Watched for?
Watched shows you everything your watching including things you have not posted in. For instance, if you are watching a for sale ad but haven't posted in it, it will show up in your "watched" tab, not your new posts tab. This is definitely a bug.

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #820 of 1,045
I unfollowed the " iFi Audio Pro iESL - The Official Thread" months ago and it still pops up in my new posts section. Anyone experience similar bugs?

Hi @kid vic,

@gimmeheadroom is correct that this feature is working as intended. What you describe here is the expected behavior from the `/whats-new/posts/` section of the site. You should see all unread posts unless you've ignored the user who posted. To customize this behavior you can use the "Filters" menu at the top right of the new posts list. For example, if you select "Watched content" and deselect "Unread threads" it will show you a list identical to the one located at `/watched/threads/`. You can also select "Save as default" to make the filters persist for your account between visits.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Nov 12, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #821 of 1,045
Hi @kid vic,

@gimmeheadroom is correct that this feature is working as intended. What you describe here is the expected behavior from the `/whats-new/posts/` section of the site. You should see all unread posts unless you've ignored the user who posted. To customize this behavior you can use the "Filters" menu at the top right of the new posts list. For example, if you select "Watched content" and deselect "Unread threads" it will show you a list identical to the one located at `/watched/threads/`. You can also select "Save as default" to make the filters persist for your account between visits.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
That doesn't make sense, I've unwatched other threads and they stopped showing up in my new posts tab. Just not the iFi one

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #823 of 1,045
@kid vic - I think it may because (based on the screenshot you sent me) that because one of your filters is to show threads you participated in. You did participate in that thread, so that's why its appearing.
Right, but other threads that I previously participated in and no longer follow don't appear in either my "watched" or "new posts" areas. As a test I unwatched the "what books are you reading" thread and it disappeared even though I had posted in it multiple times. As I have said clearly before, the iFi thread is the only one that has not disappeared despite me unwatching it. That is a bug.

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #824 of 1,045
@kid vic Does the offending thread still appear with the "Watched content" filter applied? If so, please check if you are watching the forum where the thread is located. Watch behavior for containers (like forums or categories) is inclusive of all child content. In other words, if you watch the forum you'll see all threads from that forum in your `find-new/posts` regardless of an individual thread's watch status even with the "Watched content" filter applied.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #825 of 1,045
@HF_Ryan I am watching the forum it is posted under. That makes more sense as to why it still appears, however, not every thread in that forum normally appears in my "new posts" or "watched" tabs. I assume this is because of my other settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back