New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Sep 17, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #796 of 1,045
Sorry ahead of time as I'm not sure if this happens with anyone else, or if someone else has brought it up:

On either side of the main forum content there is a placement for advertising, and while I dig the visuals and the benefits it brings, I often experience the ads appearing and disappearing. This results in the width of the forum changing widths from one page to the next (as ads get loaded or not loaded). Could we set a max-width to the forum body so buttons aren't changing position as I'm moving through topics or posts?

Sep 18, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #797 of 1,045
The Forum doesn't inform me who is viewing a thread anymore. So, now, not only are the viewing figures inaccurate (rounded to a Million once you surpass a Million), I can't even see if anyone's visiting the thread. It's not exactly a great incentive to keep a thread going :no_mouth:

Win X. Google Chrome.

Cheers Fellas.​

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #799 of 1,045
The Forum doesn't inform me who is viewing a thread anymore. So, now, not only are the viewing figures inaccurate (rounded to a Million once you surpass a Million), I can't even see if anyone's visiting the thread. It's not exactly a great incentive to keep a thread going :no_mouth:

Fixed!

Sep 18, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #800 of 1,045
Sorry ahead of time as I'm not sure if this happens with anyone else, or if someone else has brought it up:

On either side of the main forum content there is a placement for advertising, and while I dig the visuals and the benefits it brings, I often experience the ads appearing and disappearing. This results in the width of the forum changing widths from one page to the next (as ads get loaded or not loaded). Could we set a max-width to the forum body so buttons aren't changing position as I'm moving through topics or posts?
This happens to me too and it is quite annoying!!

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #802 of 1,045
Sep 23, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #804 of 1,045
Sep 23, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #805 of 1,045
Hi,

It feels like something is very wrong with the search. I posted in this thread recently https://www.head-fi.org/threads/custom-cans-impressions-thread.918632/post-15876044
and yet it does not show up in my list of watched threads and I can't even find the thread in the site search. I had to use an external search engine to search head-fi to find it.

While we are still investigating, can you (re-)confirm that the thread in question isn't in your watched list?

Sep 23, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #806 of 1,045
While we are still investigating, can you (re-)confirm that the thread in question isn't in your watched list?

I confirm it's not. I just checked the first 6 pages (should be in date order, right) and the thread does not appear.

Sep 24, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #808 of 1,045
Ever since switching to the new layout, I still have a PM issue where I have a constant unread message (dating 1970) which gives me the "not found" error when clicking on it.

If it is not possible to remove it from the inbox, would it be possible to run a script, where all my messages become read? So afterwards, only the new messages would bring up the alert.
Thank you for your support.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #809 of 1,045
Not sure if this is caused by my ipad or the site.

Before the site got updated, when deleting some text, it would keep deleting by itself and it would wipe out a few words instead of one or two letters, but after awhile it stopped and went away, yaaay.

After the site got updated it's started doing it again, this time deleting whole rows of text, it's probably my slow as poop ipad thats the cause, but unless someone wants to gift me a free ipad, as my one is 5/6 years old, I'm stuck with autodelete.

I would love to have the site working properly on my ipad, but it doesn't look like it will :frowning2:

Can anyone help me figure out whats causing it ?

Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #810 of 1,045
Ever since switching to the new layout, I still have a PM issue where I have a constant unread message (dating 1970) which gives me the "not found" error when clicking on it.

If it is not possible to remove it from the inbox, would it be possible to run a script, where all my messages become read? So afterwards, only the new messages would bring up the alert.
Thank you for your support.

I know we investigated this one previously. We'll take another look.

Not sure if this is caused by my ipad or the site.

Before the site got updated, when deleting some text, it would keep deleting by itself and it would wipe out a few words instead of one or two letters, but after awhile it stopped and went away, yaaay.

After the site got updated it's started doing it again, this time deleting whole rows of text, it's probably my slow as poop ipad thats the cause, but unless someone wants to gift me a free ipad, as my one is 5/6 years old, I'm stuck with autodelete.

I would love to have the site working properly on my ipad, but it doesn't look like it will :frowning2:

Can anyone help me figure out whats causing it ?

Cheers

What iPad model and iOS version are you using? I'd like to try and re-create the problem if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back