New Sik Din coming!
Jan 8, 2005 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

mavis

100+ Head-Fier
hmm ... I wonder if Sik would be upset if I posted the picture they emailed me yesterday ... the email didn't have any of those disclaimers (ie, do not redistribute, etc etc) and they attached a pic of the new Din cable, which was rather interesting ...

Oh well, maybe I shouldn't post it. But it quite easy to use your imagination, so here you go. There is a new Sik Din coming out, they said they'd be announcing the product soon but don't have a ship date yet. The new Din terminates in a right-angle MALE mini connection. Of course, this will be VASTLY more convenient for all of us with iPods and portable amps, to be sure. No more mini-to-mini connectors, etc - just straight from the Din to the amp. Simple, easy, and better sounding.

One side note, the new Din is quite UGLY. I'm not sure if this is a special version or something, and I can't imagine they would ship like this, but in the picture they sent me, the entire thing is BLACK!

Jan 8, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 45
good news, thanks! i was just about to buy one, now i will wait for the new one
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk
good news, thanks! i was just about to buy one, now i will wait for the new one
tongue.gif

I'm assuming you'll be using the Din to connect to an amp, right? If so, yeah - I'd definately wait ...
wink.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 45
Thanks for the info, now we have another alternative to Pocket Dock Line-out and the original SiK Din.

So the original femail mini connect is replaced my a male mini connector. Is this still a cable coming out of the adaptor? How about the Firewire side?
plainface.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:10 AM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by easypeasy
Thanks for the info, now we have another alternative to Pocket Dock Line-out and the original SiK Din.

So the original femail mini connect is replaced my a male mini connector. Is this still a cable coming out of the adaptor? How about the Firewire side?
plainface.gif

The new Din is just like the current one - line out on the left, firewire on the right. Although, the head of the firewire cable looks a little (a lot?) bigger than the current Din. I could be mistaken though, I chopped off the firewire part within about two minutes of getting my Din, so I can't really remember ...
wink.gif

Anyway, yes - the new line out terminates in a right-angle male connector, rather than a straight female connector. It is still a cable coming out of the adaptor. Hope that helps.

Do you guys think it would be ok if I posted the picture they sent? Maybe I should email them first ... ?

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 45
Ask if you want to be safe. Or wait until Monday.
wink.gif

I'm guessing it will be announced to correspond with Macworld.

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 45
bah i've bought TWO sik dins and two xin right angle male right angle plugs - and NOW they come to their senses and get rid of all the fuss? it makes sense to me - we are already using their cable from the dock connector to the termination - so why not get rid of the female plug and go straight to a male? cool.

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 45
post the picture. if they didnt want people to know about it until monday, then they wouldnt have sent you the email in advance. post the pic and save us the agony of having to wait
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #10 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
bah i've bought TWO sik dins and two xin right angle male right angle plugs - and NOW they come to their senses and get rid of all the fuss? it makes sense to me - we are already using their cable from the dock connector to the termination - so why not get rid of the female plug and go straight to a male? cool.

Yeah, I know ... the only reason I got this picture is because I emailed them about making a male Sik Din a couple days ago - seems I wasn't the only one ...
wink.gif

Anyway I've just emailed them aking for permission to upload that pic, so maybe I'll hear back before it's actually released. lol

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #11 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
post the picture. if they didnt want people to know about it until monday, then they wouldnt have sent you the email in advance. post the pic and save us the agony of having to wait
very_evil_smiley.gif

hmm ... you've got a point. If they didn't want people to see the pic, they wouldn't have sent it ... Oh well, hope this is OK.

edit: Just got an email from Sik:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiK Customer Service
Sure, no problem with sharing the picture.

Yes it will be available in white.

So there ya go - straight from the horse's mouth ...
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #13 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Cool, thanks for the pic.

No problem.

I'm looking forward to getting one of these, it'll make things a lot simpler!
biggrin.gif

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #14 of 45
I will be ordering one of these when its available. Not that it's a big deal cutting off the firewire end but I will they would come out with one minus the firewire side. The color works either in black or white, although I couldn't imagine a company that makes products for the ipod would not have a white version. The black may be for those who have the U2 version.

Jan 8, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #15 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I will be ordering one of these when its available. Not that it's a big deal cutting off the firewire end but I will they would come out with one minus the firewire side. The color works either in black or white, although I couldn't imagine a company that makes products for the ipod would not have a white version. The black may be for those who have the U2 version.

I'm sure it is - they confirmed via email that they would have a white version too ...

Anyway, you're right about the firewire - I wish it were available without that, it would save me the trouble of having to cut it off as soon as I open the package ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back