New Sik Din coming!
Jan 8, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Anyway, you're right about the firewire - I wish it were available without that, it would save me the trouble of having to cut it off as soon as I open the package ...

Yes, but then certain users with perennially dying batts wouldn't be able to charge their iPods whilst earing the festive HD contents. And although every on-the-jaunt foont on Head-fi seems repelled by that idea, the o'dinary Din user is often sitting at a desk -- moi, for examp.

I do tend to plug in a firewire cable and AC adapter while at orifice work, since I use PCs there but Macs for studio work. (I've tried to avoid using the iPod while strolling, biking and riding public transpoot since my first pair of ER6s introduced me to the Sacred Fear of Tinnitus.)

Also, I rather like the black Din, which, along with certain of my phones, might help to obscure the fact that I conceal beneath my raincoat yet another annoyingly popular mUrglyphwip.

Jan 8, 2005 at 3:47 PM Post #17 of 45
Great, now that I don't need it anymore... although, with the angled plug it could save a tiny little bit of space within my Obic... no, not buying it again, if by next time they'll have the glorious idea of making the FW-cable removable or so, then I'll think about it.

Jan 8, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #19 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
the right angle connector doesnt look top notch. will the sound quality be better than using a good interconnect?

Usually I'd say "The less cable the better". Feel free to drop another $20 on a Cardas mini to mini though, we have a lot of understanding here for that kind of purchase
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #22 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by individual6891
Any chance you could disclose a pic of it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I posted it above ... post #11 ...
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #24 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mls64
Here's the pic:

attachment.php

Oh cool, I didn't know you could make attached pics show up in a message with the IMG tag ...
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #27 of 45
I just hope people don't start complaining that the Sik cable isn't "high quality" enough and they refuse to buy the new edition (they use pure silver or some other extravagant cable for a short run...)
rolleyes.gif

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
I just hope people don't start complaining that the Sik cable isn't "high quality" enough and they refuse to buy the new edition (they use pure silver or some other extravagant cable for a short run...)
rolleyes.gif

Well, what else are they going to use with an iPod? I mean, I don't see how adding another cable can improve the sound, and either way you look at it, you've at least got to have the Sik Din ... People may have $200 ICs Din-->amp, but they're still running through a Din in that set up ...

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Well, what else are they going to use with an iPod? I mean, I don't see how adding another cable can improve the sound

Maybe it adds bass.
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, though, I think cables can "flavor" sound. Some may consider the flavoring an improvement...or a degradation.

P.S. I didn't get a Zu Pivot for the "flavor." I got it because the Gilmore Lite only takes RCA inputs. Now, if only SiK could make something with RCA outs.

Jan 10, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #30 of 45
Glad this new one is an option. Will the old one continue to sell?

At first I thought I'd buy one right away, but then thought...
while the male plug is a positive to headphone amp use, it's a negative for some others like plugging it into my AIWA car stereo (mini jack on faceplate) or home stereo. I suppose I can get around those by buying even more cables, but mini-to-mini and a Y-rca/mini adapters are usually all male.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back