New Sik Din coming!
Jan 10, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 45

Jan 10, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #32 of 45
Man, I wish the cables were 1. Detachable and 2. Offered a USB 2.0 connection.

I use my iPod at work and don't have firewire on my workstations. I prefer to have the iPod plugged in while at work, so it doesn't drain, and shorten the battery life.

And there is no such thing as a Firewire to USB 2.0 converter that I've been able to find. I've searched forever. Guess IEEE 1394 connecters can't switch to USB signals? shrug.

On the plus side, cool, black! I use a black pod skinz, so that works out for me
biggrin.gif

Edit: Another thing, What silver connectors? Man, every silver mini connector I've ever had. Every extension cable cheap or expensive, generic or brand name, every single one; has eventually eroded. No visible erosion, but you know the annoying channel issues with crappy cables. Gotta un plug and re plug them every so often because a channel drops off? Ugh, silver booo.

Jan 12, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #33 of 45
When this comes out I am getting one.

Jan 13, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #36 of 45
I just got off the phone with Sik. While we may be able to place a pre-order for the new Sik Din in 2-3 weeks, this new product "will not be shipping from Sik until the end of February at the earliest, and more likely well into March." I quoth the Sik rep to whom I spoketh.

This saddens me somewhat as my Sik Din has unfortunately been damaged due a most embarrassing momentarily lapse of reason (let's just say that there's a reason why some folks are not supposed to even remotely consider the concept of DIY...).

The current Sik Din's are on order, and will be arriving from Asia on Tuesday (even tho the web-site may say later) for shipment.

Hope this helps, - walkman666

Jan 18, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #38 of 45
FYI, back-ordered sik din's are now shipping again. New sik din's not for at least another six weeks.

- walkman666

Jan 18, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #39 of 45
Slightly off-topic, but I recieved my PocketDock Line-Out through the post this morning (I ordered it Friday Night 22:00 and I received it Tuesday AM!).

I am VERY impressed with it! I have had none of the sound-quality issues (noise, crackling etc) that have been mentioned in the past.

I did some comparisons between the headphone out into my Sony EX71's, then straight into my cMoy which is using the line-out and even at a very similar volume, the sound quality is MUCH better... Far clearer sound!

Line-Out is the future
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
Line-Out is the future
icon10.gif

Line-out BUILT IN would be nice, but as long as there is some way to do it.

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
I wish they'd scrap the extension wires and just slap some RCA jack on to the dock connector.

yes and we can call it the "SIK DAC".

Feb 4, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #43 of 45
Other than:
* having the right-angle male connector
* also being available in black

are there any other changes? Is the sound quality any different than the one already out?

I've emailed sik customer service but have not heard a response, and their phone # on their website seems to just be a voicemail.

Feb 25, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #45 of 45
I emailed SIK last week, and this was their response

Quote:

We anticipate that the right angle male versions of din will be
available for preorder soon. We're just waiting to get a firm ship
date from our factory (they've been on holiday celebrating Chinese New
Year.) I suspect we'll begin taking preorders in a week or two and
that orders will ship the first week of April, you can get immediate
notification by joining our mailing list at:
http://www.sik.com/mailings.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back