NEW SHURE!?!???
Jan 3, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 92
The announcement doesn't say directly that the new products will be earphones -- could be a new SM58...

Jan 3, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 92
I wouldn't be surprised if they went for a four or five driver IEM. Just trying to stay ahead of the competition, and if implemented properly, a 5 BA driver setup would probably be great! One for very low bass, one for mid bass, one for mids, one for "lower high frequencies" (which I'm pretty sure is the frequency range where sibilance lies, so maybe this would allow them to make the highs incredibly smooth and sibilance-free), and one for that sparkling, exciting super high end.

Unfortunately, if they do release something like that, I won't be able to afford it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 92
Im lucky to have seen this, as I have (I hope) just in time canceled an order on some SE530. Ill wait to see what is going to be released. Even if it is too expensive, it SHOULD lower the SE530 costs...maybe at least!
tongue.gif
!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 92
Guys I wouldn't count on headphones I believe they are updating their mics and performance systems out of everything shure makes 4 products easily may have nothing to do with earphones though i was talking about a 4 driver iem universal coming out in the next year most likely
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #10 of 92
Maybe that's why the SE530 is selling for around $285.00 lately. Shure is trying to reduce stock before a price drop when they introduce a new earphone product. Just speculation of course.

Jan 3, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #13 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's iem, hope no cable problem...

please don't start with that topic again lol
deadhorse.gif

but i am eager to hear about this announcement. maybe shure will unveil customs that rival the UE11... let the wait begin
popcorn.gif

ironically the 6th is the same day i get my D2 so i've been counting down for that day already. now i get icing on the cake.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #14 of 92
I don't think shure is looking into customs that is not their game... they make "consumer audiophile" earphones according to their statements and customs do not match consumer so much I am thinking new universal new mic and new transmitter

Jan 3, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #15 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think shure is looking into customs that is not their game... they make "consumer audiophile" earphones according to their statements and customs do not match consumer so much I am thinking new universal new mic and new transmitter

i can dream can't i
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back