New Shure RMCE-BT2 (tested with SE535)
Apr 8, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #106 of 117
For those considering the bt2 here are my subsequent and disappointing testing/findings re Bluetooth issues that I was having with the Kann Cube and BT2 a few months back:

After having a chance to try the BT2 with the cayin n6ii I found the same very poor connection at play as I found with the kann cube. Identical results
I even tried a second unit of the BT2 (in store demo unit) with the same issue

so bottom line it appears the Bluetooth issues came from the bt2 side and not the Kann cube - using aptxhd

note: there was NO issue at all with my iphone (AAC codec). Worked perfectly with that “lesser” codec

Maybe you had a dud. I've used my BT2 with several Android phones and never had any connection issues whatsoever. Rarely even hiccuped. It's a solid device.

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #107 of 117
Maybe you had a dud. I've used my BT2 with several Android phones and never had any connection issues whatsoever. Rarely even hiccuped. It's a solid device.
Same result with the demo unit as well as the one i bought.

maybe the Aptxhd codec being the issue when using it with the two daps?

as mentioned perfect with my iPhone aac codec

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #108 of 117

Same. Great connection using aptX.

Apr 18, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #109 of 117
I currently use an iPhone XS Max with Shure SE846. Does anyone using this model notice much of a drop-off in volume?
I saw the BT2 has its own amplifier. Would I be trading too much away in volume for the SE846 if I go wireless?

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #110 of 117
Quick question about the RMCE BT2, do they autopower off automatically? I have mine and they don't seem to do that which is really annoying as sometimes I forget and next time the battery is totally drained.

Jul 22, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #112 of 117
Quick question about the RMCE BT2, do they autopower off automatically? I have mine and they don't seem to do that which is really annoying as sometimes I forget and next time the battery is totally drained.
Yeah you have to turn it off. Although it doesn't drain a ton of battery. Say you leave it in the living room and take your phone to the bedroom it will most likely shut off after a while. I usually just turn it off as a habit when I get home.

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #113 of 117
Yeah you have to turn it off. Although it doesn't drain a ton of battery. Say you leave it in the living room and take your phone to the bedroom it will most likely shut off after a while. I usually just turn it off as a habit when I get home.

Thanks, I might set up my phone to auto power off BT when not in use then.

Sep 25, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #114 of 117
How does this compare to the FiiO BTR5? I got it for $49 currently on sale right now, but cannot wonder if the BTR5 is substantially better

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #116 of 117
Do these only work with Shure iem or can I use it with my Fiios?

They work with any MMCX IEMs, unless the MMCX connector is recessed in some way that the BT2 can't fit or something.

Oct 27, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #117 of 117
Hey guys,

I just picked up a BT2 and I'm wondering if I got a counterfeit.

These are my issues:

1) on my phone (pixel2xl) when I use my seenheiser momentum headphones I can turn APTX on and off via a toggle in Bluetooth settings. When connected to the BT2 the option isn't there, which I think might mean the dongle doesn't have the relevant chip inside.

2) the rubber "door" covering the USB connector doesn't fit right.

3) the voice that says "power on", etc is low quality. If you turn Bluetooth off while using the earphones it says that the device is "disconnect" not "disconnected"

What do you think? Did I buy a fake?

My BT2's voice is very clear through the SE846.

I can choose the BT codec from my Sony WM1A, and it connects using aptX or aptX HD, following my selection.

I also have an aptX LL transmitter and it works fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back