New Shure Full-Size Headphones SRH Series
Apr 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #16 of 51
Those look seriously comfortable.

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #17 of 51
I love how the number of headphones on the market increases each year. The more the merrier.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #20 of 51
Very interested to hear how these sound.

They do look... 'dated' would be the kindest thing to say, and I suspect they have been designed with the studio in mind, where aesthetics tend to be either of no importance, or a couple of decades behind consumer land.

I can almost imagine uncovering these in a cardboard box at the back of a second hand store, but throwing them back because they look neither modern nor outrageously ugly enough to pique my interest. I guess that makes me shallow.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing they'll cost around $400 just like their overpriced IEMs. Bleh.

Not to stray off topic, but their top of the line IEM is the same price and sometimes cheaper than its direct competitors from UE & Sennheiser. Whether it's your cup of tea or not, it is generally accepted as every bit their equal too. If it does cost $400 - and there are 3 models to choose from so "it" won't cost anything - "they" will likely be competitive with other headphones in the same market. Your comment makes no sense.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #23 of 51
Cool. I still like my e3cs, so I will absolutely check these out at CanJam. Here's hoping Shure brings out a line of reference open headphones, too. I think Shure can compete at the highest level.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 51
Wow. I think this is the biggest news I've heard ever since the introduction of HD800. Very interesting.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #25 of 51
I've never seen reference quality headphones that fold, though I guess some people consider Ultrasones to be that. These seem like a more commercial offering, bose and sony competition, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would be great if they could bring some sound quality to the market. Any hope of getting specs?

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen reference quality headphones that fold, though I guess some people consider Ultrasones to be that. These seem like a more commercial offering, bose and sony competition, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It would be great if they could bring some sound quality to the market. Any hope of getting specs?

The only technical spec I've heard is that the frequency response of the SRH840 (flagship model) is the widest of the bunch (5 Hz to 25kHz).

I wish I was in Frankfurt yesterday to check them out !

And about Bose - is it just me, but I thought of this comparison today as I was passing a store...

"Cool" Guy -> Listening to Bose headphones
Buff Guy -> Shopping at a GNC store

They're both super overpriced and there's better out there !

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #28 of 51
Well, I take back my earlier comment about being bose or sony competition, at least as in looking at a consumer market. It looks like they're being marketed more for professional, studio use, which would make sense.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #29 of 51
I just realize that, if I look at them from the side, they look like the Sennheiser 380 Pro and, if I look from the front, they look like the Ultrasone Pro series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back