Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Oct 13, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #3,497 of 6,418
Hi
An option to configurate a single or double clickwheel, to go Up one folder level, would be well appreciated, as the "side gesture" or "swipe right" doesn't always succeeds, and starts playing a track that the finger has brushed prematurely ...
I hope my idea gets implemented (Mine is at version 2.1, )
thanks and regards !!

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #3,498 of 6,418
@Shanling
It seems that some people have some problems regarding the responsiveness of the on screen controls.
Here's a solution I suggest:
Implement the same old swipe-right gesture, but instead of going back, it brings up a small set of buttons on the left:
"Back"
"Main Menu"
When it pops up, the user can just keep pressing it for as quickly as they want. It'll go away automatically when the user reaches the main menu.

Heck, if it's possible, maybe even include:
"Search"
Display a small phone keypad on the screen and type it out. That'd be pretty rad.

Oct 13, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #3,499 of 6,418
You’re getting a touch screen on the M0 (although it’s small and takes a bit to get used tiki) and I think it sounds better imo than both the N3 and X1- N3 sounds good but I like the more neutral sound of the M0 better.

This is based on iem use, both the N3 and X1 have more output power. Oh and the M0 has a very clean output- good for sensitive iems.

I’m with barondia, I don’t think you can beat the M0 for portability and price, and with the next firmware it should be even better. I mean for a hundred bucks it’s a no brainer, I think it’s the smallest dap you can get with LDAC support.

Yeah, but earlier in this thread TheoS53 very kindly confirmed that the M0 could drive my 250-ohm Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro just fine, though it would need to be in High Gain to do it, which is fine. It's really pretty awesome that something so tiny can power something with such a high impedance. :L3000:

Oct 13, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #3,500 of 6,418
Yeah, but earlier in this thread TheoS53 very kindly confirmed that the M0 could drive my 250-ohm Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro just fine, though it would need to be in High Gain to do it, which is fine. It's really pretty awesome that something so tiny can power something with such a high impedance. :L3000:

I guess it depends on what constitutes ‘just fine’, No daps I’ve tried can drive my senn hd600s (properly) and make them sing like something like mojo for instance.

Can they get loud enough to sound ok? Sure they can, but they sound much better with more power- I wouldn’t even try them with M0. But hey as they say ymmv and of course it depends on the cans :wink:

Oct 13, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #3,501 of 6,418
I guess it depends on what constitutes ‘just fine’, No daps I’ve tried can drive my senn hd600s (properly) and make them sing like something like mojo for instance.

Can they get loud enough to sound ok? Sure they can, but they sound much better with more power- I wouldn’t even try them with M0. But hey as they say ymmv and of course it depends on the cans :wink:

I guess I'd have to try it out to know for sure. I use my own custom EQs as well and which definitely adds some volume, plus my Poweramp app gets louder when I enable an option on it called DVC (Direct Volume Control). But yeah, if it doesn't suffice (the 50 ohm difference between mine and yours helps too), I would probably have to consider something that I believe to be even stronger like the Ampio G1 or else the iFi xDSD. The xDSD doesn't CURRENTLY have LDAC, however, I've been told that it still outdoes anything priced below it that does offer LDAC even with just like AAC or aptX in terms of sound. But it also costs $399. LOL

At some point I will try out the M0 I think, and if I do, of course I will post my results here.

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #3,503 of 6,418
I guess I'd have to try it out to know for sure. I use my own custom EQs as well and which definitely adds some volume, plus my Poweramp app gets louder when I enable an option on it called DVC (Direct Volume Control). But yeah, if it doesn't suffice (the 50 ohm difference between mine and yours helps too), I would probably have to consider something that I believe to be even stronger like the Ampio G1 or else the iFi xDSD. The xDSD doesn't CURRENTLY have LDAC, however, I've been told that it still outdoes anything priced below it that does offer LDAC even with just like AAC or aptX in terms of sound. But it also costs $399. LOL

At some point I will try out the M0 I think, and if I do, of course I will post my results here.

I think the Beyers might be more sensitive too, it’s definitely a nice tiny dap with great sound. I can’t really fault it for the price, it plays music very well.

Oct 14, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #3,507 of 6,418
i've encountered a very odd touchscreen issue on my new m0. when i have it sitting on a desk or any flat surface and i try to tap/swipe the screen, it's totally unresponsive until i pick it up. then it works fine. it does this every time i have nothing connected to it and i'm playing through bluetooth. i figured something out though. when i have headphones connected to it, the touch screen works fine whether on the desk or in my hand, but as soon as i remove the headphone jack...same problem. very bizarre. it's annoying because i'd like to have it sitting on my desk and be able to change tracks or whatever without having to pick it up sometimes. can anyone duplicate this to see if you experience something similar? thanks.

Oct 14, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #3,509 of 6,418
I also have the boring black, my purple one was DOA so black was all that was left, still love it though. :wink:

Been using my black one more and more at work. Nice not to have a brick of a player in the pocket. Been using either CA Comets or CA Music Two's with it. No problems with the interface either.

Oct 14, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #3,510 of 6,418
Hi, completely new here, I've looked for a good portable DAP to substitute my old Ipod nano 6th gen for some time and now I'm in a torn between choosing the Shanling M0 and the hidizs AP80. I have some doubts that I hope you could answer more precisely.

In terms of Audio Quality, are there big differences between devices like AP 80, M0 or Hiby R3?

How is doing the M0 in terms of software? For what I've seen so far it seems fluid and I like the overall aesthetics of it.

The thing that is making me doubt is the fact that it doesn't show a miniature of the album cover when scrolling in the menu searching for music as the AP80 and My Ipod do. I know this may seem trivial but in my opinion, it makes the interface look much more appealing and makes it easier to find the group or album you are searching for because of the visual memory (at least for me). @Shanling I Don't know if this is something you have thought of or that could be implemented in future software updates, but there is my suggestion to make this device the new "Ipod experience" while delivering a good Hi-fi audio quality experience too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back