Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 3, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #1,681 of 6,413
I would highly recommend trying the Massdrop Plus IEMs, but it is going to be challenging to find it most likely... Only sold through Massdrop (who does not accept returns, as far as I know)...
One of the rare IEMs that do not kill my ear canals.

Won't work with the BTX1 though, since it is NOT using MMCX connectors.

Yeah everything is going mmcx, so the 2 pin seems to be going the way of the dodo.

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,682 of 6,413
Yeah everything is going mmcx, so the 2 pin seems to be going the way of the dodo.
U ok? It's still going strong, it's way more popular among ciem manufacturers. Mmcx ismore common among cheaper iems cos its cheaper to use

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:23 AM Post #1,684 of 6,413
Yeah I’m ok, you ok?? Let me rephrase that then... it’s going the way of the dodo on universal iems. Which is what most people use :wink:
Empire ears? Jomo? Kinera? Massdrop plus?

Jul 3, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,685 of 6,413
Empire ears? Jomo? Kinera? Massdrop plus?

Shure, Westone, mee pinnacle, sennhieser, beyerdynamic, ibasso, Fiio, Sony, orivetti, campfire, hi fi man, UE, and on and on and on.

If I listed every model that used mmcx connectors I’d be writing all night. So your argument isn’t winnable, you must realize that? Now I’m not going to waste any more time on your silly ass. Next time engage your brain before you write something that makes you look utterly stupid.

And I wouldn’t have had to open a can on you if you would have engaged me like a normal coherent, functionaly cognitive person. Instead of starting your reply with U okay? I just don’t have time or patience for retardedness.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #1,686 of 6,413
U ok? It's still going strong, it's way more popular among ciem manufacturers. Mmcx ismore common among cheaper iems cos its cheaper to use

2pin might be popular among small high-end Ciems (and I still really prefer it over MMCX), but significant rest of market, all major manufacturers, are on MMCX.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 3, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #1,688 of 6,413
Some small update for you guys, nothing major, small fixes to BT receiver mode and to the system overall.

Shanling M0, firmware 2.1 notes

Download from Google drive
ZIP // File itself

Changes and fixes

1. While using M0 in Bluetooth receiver mode with iOS, volume setting on M0 is independent on iOS volume setting.

2. Fixed the problem of no sound coming out of M0, when being used in Bluetooth receiver mode with particular smartphones.

3. Optimization of system to prevent crashes.

4. Fixed other small problems.

How to update:

1. Make sure that M0 is fully charged.

2. Unzip the file and copy “update.bin” file into root folder of micro SD card.

Note: If your M0 is on firmware 1.0 or 1.5, card must be formatted to FAT32. For update from firmware 2.0, you can use all cards.

3. Choose “System Update” in system settings and wait until system restarts.

4. Check in settings “About M0” to be sure new firmware was installed.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 3, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #1,689 of 6,413
Ive
Yeah I would like to check the Comet out, but I’m afraid they’re going to hurt my ears since they have a wide nozzle and are made of metal. So I’d like to buy them from a place with an easy return policy- like amazon.

And the Sony dongle is pretty expensive on its own. You’re talking over 400 dollars for both comet and Sony receiver. I was thinking there might be some decent Bluetooth iems that had the Bluetooth built in.

Not a huge deal, I can always go wired and I have Bluetooth full size cans, but of course I’m not going to use them mowing the lawn :wink:.

I've got some comets arriving in a couple of days, a lot of great reviews so I was intrigued to try them. For what its worth I'll post up how they sound with the M0, at least compared to the Oriveti New Primacys.

I have the same issue with fit and always need to use the smallest of ear tips, so will be interesting to see how they work as they're a very different fit to most iems as these just poke out :wink:

Jul 3, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #1,690 of 6,413
Shure, Westone, mee pinnacle, sennhieser, beyerdynamic, ibasso, Fiio, Sony, orivetti, campfire, hi fi man, UE, and on and on and on.

If I listed every model that used mmcx connectors I’d be writing all night. So your argument isn’t winnable, you must realize that? Now I’m not going to waste any more time on your silly ass. Next time engage your brain before you write something that makes you look utterly stupid.

And I wouldn’t have had to open a can on you if you would have engaged me like a normal coherent, functionaly cognitive person. Instead of starting your reply with U okay? I just don’t have time or patience for retardedness.
When was the last time you heard of a 2 pin connector failing? I understand the big majority of manufacturers use mmcx, but doesn't mean it's better. I find the modified T2 connection from ue to be a better solution.

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,691 of 6,413
Some small update for you guys, nothing major, small fixes to BT receiver mode and to the system overall.

ZIP // File itself

Changes and fixes

1. While using M0 in Bluetooth receiver mode with iOS, volume setting on M0 is independent on iOS volume setting.

2. Fixed the problem of no sound coming out of M0, when being used in Bluetooth receiver mode with particular smartphones.

How to update:

Note: If your M0 is on firmware 1.0 or 1.5, card must be formatted to FAT32. For update from firmware 2.0, you can use all cards.

Any news on the possible introduction of a triple-click for the wheel button ?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #1,693 of 6,413
IMG_0146.JPG

Cant recommend this setup enough..Shanling MO connected per Bluetooth to my true wireless Jabra Elite 65ts..Amazing crisp, full sound and a rig so tiny it fits in one hand when carrying it with you in the summer!

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #1,694 of 6,413

ZIP // File itself

Changes and fixes

How to update:

Thanks Shanling thats great news. Will test it out.

Jul 3, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #1,695 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back