New Setup Not Playing Any Audio
Dec 10, 2023 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

M0X3

New Head-Fier
I just bought myself the Ferrum Oor to pair with my Hifiman HE1000se. I plugged it in and connected it to a Schitt Modi to test and no sound is coming out. I'm using a Mac as my source (connected to the Modi through the stock cable + USB A to USB C adapter), the DAC and AMP are connected through RCA cables, and the HE1000se is using XLR. I tried using a different DAC to test the Oor and got the same result. What might be going wrong here? I've tried closing my audio software (Boom 2), using different plugs, and rebooting all the components, but nothing has been able to get music playing from my headphones... Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Could be an issue with either component to be honest

Dec 10, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 4
I just bought myself the Ferrum Oor to pair with my Hifiman HE1000se. I plugged it in and connected it to a Schitt Modi to test and no sound is coming out. I'm using a Mac as my source (connected to the Modi through the stock cable + USB A to USB C adapter), the DAC and AMP are connected through RCA cables, and the HE1000se is using XLR. I tried using a different DAC to test the Oor and got the same result. What might be going wrong here? I've tried closing my audio software (Boom 2), using different plugs, and rebooting all the components, but nothing has been able to get music playing from my headphones... Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. Could be an issue with either component to be honest
what's the back of the amp look like? I'm not familiar with this amp, so I wonder if the preamp is engaged? Do you have another amp to try?

And you have cycled through inputs on the modi?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 4
The most likely culprit is some mute or volume control within your computer, and I don't know Apples. Someone else can probably help with that.

Since you have tried a different DAC, the DAC itself is somewhat unlikely. Double-check that you have indeed connected it to the input of the amplifier, not to the output of the amplifier.

Do you have anything else that can take line input and make sound or show you that there is sound there? A speaker system, a mixing desk, a recorder, a multimeter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back