New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Oct 21, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #182 of 527
So, what's up with their availability in Europe? Recently, they were available in online shop in Germany (redcoon.de), but their availability status was updated from "shipping in 2 days" to "1-3 months(!)". They are not available on amazon.de. Polish distributor, whom I called last week, said they ordered from Sennheiser a shipment, and it's long overdue, they're still waiting.
Perhaps these will be released for Christmas after all...

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #185 of 527
  In Czech republic the distributor (Panter Praha) just got a shipment today of the Android/Galaxy version. iOS version has no confirmed date yet. And Boy, I do like them more and more

That's great news, thanks! If these are in Chech Republic, they should be soon in Poland, maybe this week even. If no, I'm ordering these from Czech Republic.
These might be just the perfect IEM for me, combining both great sound and top class comfort. I always wonder why higher priced iems don't get remote, it's like companies don't understand that this is portable equipment.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #186 of 527
Mine came in yesterday. Initial review is they definitely have a V sound profile. I have them burning in right now and will see how they are after 40hrs. Build quality seems to be very nice. Shells are made of a metallic plastic, not metal. The sound tubes are metal and it comes with 4 sets of tips. Cables seam to be pretty rugged and so what tangle free. The plug is tiny and looks a little cheesy, don't know how they will hold up. Case is nice and small, but it would have been nice to have a bag instead. I did play around with fitting them to my ears briefly and they seem to work well with the biggest tip.
The sound quality was a little mushy on the bottom, midtones needed a boost and highs seem fine, not shrilly. I will see after the burn-in how they sound.

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #187 of 527
  Mine came in yesterday. Initial review is they definitely have a V sound profile. I have them burning in right now and will see how they are after 40hrs. Build quality seems to be very nice. Shells are made of a metallic plastic, not metal. The sound tubes are metal and it comes with 4 sets of tips. Cables seam to be pretty rugged and so what tangle free. The plug is tiny and looks a little cheesy, don't know how they will hold up. Case is nice and small, but it would have been nice to have a bag instead. I did play around with fitting them to my ears briefly and they seem to work well with the biggest tip.
The sound quality was a little mushy on the bottom, midtones needed a boost and highs seem fine, not shrilly. I will see after the burn-in how they sound.

Can you compare to any of the "more known" iem ?

Oct 22, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #188 of 527
So I received mine on Monday so I've had a day or two to check them out. So far I like them, but they're definitely a little bass heavy with under-emphasized mids. That said, I basically went into it looking for a more "fun" IEM than the Etymotics MC5 I had used previously that were very flat an accurate.

I am noticing two things...

1. Cable noise is pretty loud, and not easy to get rid of since the remote is high enough on the cable that you can't really loop it behind your ear. I'm trying to figure out a good placement for a cable clip but I'm having trouble eliminating the noise.
  2. I'm getting a bit of a background hum (like you get with a high gain guitar amp with the guitar plugged in but not playing) that I was not seeing with the Etymotics MC5 or Klipsch Image S4 from the same source. Maybe the Sennheisers are just a bit more sensitive?

Would love to hear any thoughts on those items.

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #189 of 527
  So I received mine on Monday so I've had a day or two to check them out. So far I like them, but they're definitely a little bass heavy with under-emphasized mids. That said, I basically went into it looking for a more "fun" IEM than the Etymotics MC5 I had used previously that were very flat an accurate.

I am noticing two things...

1. Cable noise is pretty loud, and not easy to get rid of since the remote is high enough on the cable that you can't really loop it behind your ear. I'm trying to figure out a good placement for a cable clip but I'm having trouble eliminating the noise.
  2. I'm getting a bit of a background hum (like you get with a high gain guitar amp with the guitar plugged in but not playing) that I was not seeing with the Etymotics MC5 or Klipsch Image S4 from the same source. Maybe the Sennheisers are just a bit more sensitive?

Would love to hear any thoughts on those items.

How is the cable noise compared to the Image S4's? I figured these be a nice upgrade compared to them, I'm a bit concerned especially with the background hum. I suppose I'm already locked in regardless as mine should arrive tomorrow.

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #190 of 527

How is the cable noise compared to the Image S4's? I figured these be a nice upgrade compared to them, I'm a bit concerned especially with the background hum. I suppose I'm already locked in regardless as mine should arrive tomorrow.

The cable noise isn't as bad as the S4s, but it's still noticeable. The sound overall is much better though.

Like I said, the background hum could just be my source. I'm playing them off of a Nexus 5, which is not particularly known for having a good DAC. It could just be that the Image S4s didn't pick up the hum. I'll try it on my laptop tonight.

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #191 of 527

The cable noise isn't as bad as the S4s, but it's still noticeable. The sound overall is much better though.

Like I said, the background hum could just be my source. I'm playing them off of a Nexus 5, which is not particularly known for having a good DAC. It could just be that the Image S4s didn't pick up the hum. I'll try it on my laptop tonight.

Interesting. I picked up the Note 4 and I've noticed some humming from the device myself with the S4's. Installing the high quality drivers from Viper4Android and disabling some of the direct control settings in Poweramp helped. (I think Nexus 5 might have some issues with v4a).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back