New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Oct 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #167 of 527
Damn, I can't wait to get these. Actually I ordered a pair from one of polish online shops, but unfortunately they put it too early on their webpage. I was so hyped to get these on this Monday, lol :wink: Hope they will be available next week, the wait is killing me :wink:
I just hope they don't sound too thin like JVC FRD-80, for me it's always a worry with bright tuned headphones.
Anyways, are there any information about compability of Galaxy Edition with nexus phones?

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #169 of 527
It's available for sale $99.95 in US Sennheiser website now with Samsung Galaxy version:

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/momentum-headphones-in-ear

Hope you will like it!

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #172 of 527
I just ordered my iOS compatible pair directly from Sennheiser a couple of days ago. They are SUPPOSED to be available someitme in November, but it sounds like they are trickling in slowly for some reason and they might get some in before then. Pre-ordering online through them is probably the best way to get them as early as possible right now.

I do have to wonder if Apple acquiring Beats might make it more difficult for third party manufacturer's of headphones to get an "Compatible with iOS devices" certification...and that's causing the delay for the iOS version where the Samsung version is available to order now.

On a side note, I asked about the possibility of a larger earpad for my Over-The-Ear Momentums that I bought when they first came out. The tech said that Sennheiser HQ finally heard all of the complaints about the earpads being a bit too small and will come out with a NEW model of Momentums sometime early next year that will feature a larger set of earpads.

Unfortunately the earpads for the larger set won't fit my current Momentum set.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #173 of 527
On a side note, I asked about the possibility of a larger earpad for my Over-The-Ear Momentums that I bought when they first came out. The tech said that Sennheiser HQ finally heard all of the complaints about the earpads being a bit too small and will come out with a NEW model of Momentums sometime early next year that will feature a larger set of earpads.

Unfortunately the earpads for the larger set won't fit my current Momentum set.

WOW this is awesome, the over ear Momentums are too small for my ears as well and I almost caved and bought them, but now I will definitely wait. Hopefully there will be an android version as well. Wonder if there will be any other significant changes...

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #174 of 527
Just ordered a set from B&H, should have them by Wednesday. I am really looking forward to using these with my new Note 4 that is shipping out on Thursday from Verizon. After my W4R's where eaten up by my lawnmower (don't ask!), I have been looking for a great sounding, low cost IE. I have a set of RHA 750, but they don't quite fit me.

Oct 20, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #175 of 527
  Just ordered a set from B&H, should have them by Wednesday. I am really looking forward to using these with my new Note 4 that is shipping out on Thursday from Verizon. After my W4R's where eaten up by my lawnmower (don't ask!), I have been looking for a great sounding, low cost IE. I have a set of RHA 750, but they don't quite fit me.

Did you get the snapdragon Note 4? I'm not enjoying the sound!.

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #176 of 527

Waiting for my Note 4 to ship from VZW as well this week :)  Still enjoying my Note 2, but it's time to move on.  Curious if sound quality will go up.  Either way, MIE is a perfect match for Galaxy phones!

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #177 of 527
Yes all VZW Note 4's have the Snapdragon 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor. I don't know if they will sound better than a Note 2 or 3 but in a video I saw, the speaker output is much louder. For whatever that's worth.

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #179 of 527
  I'm waiting to root mine when i get home tonight and hopefully install Viper4Android....hope it will sound better. There is an awful lot of background noise and crosstalk.

You are talking about Note 4?  Hmm, can't be worse than Note 2, I hope!!!  But also it's expected considering phones are very slim to have discrete higher quality caps (thus poor power supply filtering and isolation).  Pretty much every component cramped in on a small pwb without too much partitioning which all results in background noise coupled into headphone dac.  You better off with usb otg dacs like E18 or A200p.  Or better yet, get $30 HiFimeDIY sabre android dac: http://hifimediy.com/android-dac and hook up your favorite portable amp
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #180 of 527

You are talking about Note 4?  Hmm, can't be worse than Note 2, I hope!!!  But also it's expected considering phones are very slim to have discrete higher quality caps (thus poor power supply filtering and isolation).  Pretty much every component cramped in on a small pwb without too much partitioning which all results in background noise coupled into headphone dac.  You better off with usb otg dacs like E18 or A200p.  Or better yet, get $30 HiFimeDIY sabre android dac: http://hifimediy.com/android-dac and hook up your favorite portable amp
wink.gif

Yurp Note 4 sound is poor. Looking at the 805 spec sheet though they pass all audio through the Hexagon DSP offloading the CPU and GPU to make best of the battery life. I would rather charge my phone once a day and have better audio :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back