- Chinese Democracy
- And now HD650 successors

So does that mean Duke Nukem Forever is coming out soon
eek.gif
?

Haha!

My thoughts exactly.

Dec 9, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #79 of 183
This is exciting. I hope they keep the same cable system so we can use preexisting third-party HD600/HD650 cables. I also hope they did something about the paint/coating on the headband. It cracks and peels off. I'm imagining the same body and look of 650 but with fancier materials. You know the saying, if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it. I'm fine with the looks and clamping because the clamping effect wears off and the headphones become very comfortable afterward.

Sound wise improvement is very tricky. The HD series sound more similar to one another than they do otherwise. I have no idea what to expect, but I imagine many people will be disappointed because I can't imagine how the HD series can be improved without changing the sound signature. Then it's a just a matter of preference. How would you make a higher end HD series phone? I'm expecting something around $1,000 for a high end phone to compete with the AH-D7000, DX1000, GS1000, etc... I think that's where they should compete. The HD650 MSRP is $599 after all.

Some people prefer the HD580/HD600 to the HD650. I felt the same way until I heard them balanced. Hmmm... so what if the HD800 are just more efficient? They would sound awesome without needing really high-end equipment, but they would still scale just like the HD600/650. I think that's what they need. Dunno if it's possible.

Personally, I would like more speed and better separation. Basically what you get from going balanced.

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #80 of 183
What? How is China a democracy now? I seemed to have miss that?
tongue.gif
Either I'm living under a rock or something terribly wrong must've happened. There doesn't seem to be any change here in Beijing!
tongue_smile.gif

Edit: nevermind, you were referring to the album. I must be living under a rock (Don't really pay attention to the rock scene
tongue.gif
)

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #82 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? How is China a democracy now? I seemed to have miss that?
tongue.gif
Either I'm living under a rock or something terribly wrong must've happened. There doesn't seem to be any change here in Beijing!
tongue_smile.gif

Edit: nevermind, you were referring to the album. I must be living under a rock (Don't really pay attention to the rock scene
tongue.gif
)

142080.jpg

You sure have been living under a rock.
wink.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #84 of 183
I just hope it's for real this time. Looking forward to a HD650 replacement.

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #85 of 183
here we go again.

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #86 of 183
Just call Sennheiser USA and they said they have no idea about HD800.

But, as I remember, they usually have no clue until the products are officially announced (like PXC450's case) so I am sending an e-mail to Sennheiser Germany as well.

But this time, we have more than two people received the e-mail that HD800 is indeed coming......

So.... I guess I need to skip this year's Christmas now.

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #88 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is exciting.

What is exciting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back