New Sennheiser HD-700!!!!
Dec 7, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #166 of 550
like itouch 8gb being 194USD on black friday. a whole 5 dollars off!!! lol

apple grinds my gears and deserve to get punch in the face. they're ipods and stuff are alright but their software limitations and treating customers like thieves with their itunes crap to fight piracy is a joke. i like mt 8gb itouch i have but seriously...itunes pee's me off sometimes and i find it very dumb. i wish it was like my sony mp3 plaeyer i use to have where it was just plug&play and drag&drop.

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #167 of 550
Quote:
Sennheiser actually managed to create headphone even uglier than HD800. = )

HD800 is so beautiful :)

Quote:
they don't offer a 1500 dollar performance.

I suppose you have already tried it to say that ?:)

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #169 of 550
"like itouch 8gb being 194USD on black friday. a whole 5 dollars off!!! lol"

And it sold out in seconds!

must of came with a neon green cable then. it's the only logical explanation.

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #170 of 550

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he has tried the HD800s actually.  Not everyone here talks out of their ass

This isn't an attack, just a question :).

HD800 is a very hard to drive. A poor amp and result ll be very bad.

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #171 of 550
Quote:

HD800 is so beautiful :)

I suppose you have already tried it to say that ?:)

it is very nice looking and sounding but the price they go for seriously is way over the top. i liked the clarity and the treble extension the most on the pair i listened to but overall reminded me too much of my current 240DF's. i also would rather put that kind of money for a pair of used Yamaha MX-1000 and CX-1000 set and a pair of Apogee Scintilla speakers since i have my room well treated already.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #172 of 550
Quote:
apple grinds my gears and deserve to get punch in the face. they're ipods and stuff are alright but their software limitations and treating customers like thieves with their itunes crap to fight piracy is a joke. i like mt 8gb itouch i have but seriously...itunes pee's me off sometimes and i find it very dumb. i wish it was like my sony mp3 plaeyer i use to have where it was just plug&play and drag&drop.

It's worse in Australia.

They expect me to pay $30 for a usb cable when I can get one on ebay for $1, which is more durable than the one I got from apple. Similarly, it's usually cheaper to buy and ship a CD over 15,000 km (literally) than it is for me to buy off iTunes as compressed crap.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #173 of 550

Quote:
Who cares about the price, I have money
popcorn.gif

who cares about the price?well people that does not have the money,or have to save up with a lot of sweating.
glad you dont have to care about money,but the most,have.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #174 of 550

Quote:
 Personally I´m suprised it´s taken this long for Sennheiser to get the HD 800 tech into mass production.

I'm not. The HD650 has already sold for more than 100 000 pairs, while the HD800 remains confined to less than 10 000 if I recall correctly. So one could say the the HD650 remains the backbone of their high-end customer base. I feel the hypothetical HD700 is a pair that Sennheiser simply cannot mess up with, in a way, it has to be even more "perfect" than the HD800 for its price point as it's likely to be one of their best sellers. As an example, one could imagine that Volkswagen puts their top engineers to the development of their flagship cars (Phiaton, Veyron, etc.). But in fact they're working for different models and as much R&D is devoted to their lower-tier cars as their high-end ones. Designing a very economical polo isn't any easier than designing a Veyron.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #176 of 550

Quote:
while the HD800 remains confined to less than 10 000 if I recall correctly.

More, i have a serial number near 14 000.

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #180 of 550

Well, that's just my opinion. Appearance is ranked second while sound and comfort are at the first place.

That's true, but it's very obvious that Sennheiser designed the look with something else than pure comfort in mind. If one doesn't like it, of course it's something worth a mention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back