New Sennheiser HD-700!!!!
Apr 23, 2006 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 550

squall2072

500+ Head-Fier
So sennheiser has confirmed, or at least spoken to one head-fier about a new headphone in the mix, and its probably going to be a dynamic driver... lol, lots of info!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry chaps, no such thing... yet!

With a new Grado... new AKG's...updated beyers...don't you think Sennheiser will start looking into a new HD-700
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to get your hopes up, but what would you want it to improve upon in regards to the HD-6**'s?

Sorry everyone this is a very evil thread!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #2 of 550
senn usa was at the meet and said they were currrently beavering away on a new project.

but the one thing he did say there is not going to be a he60/he90 replacement. it;s over.

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 550
I predict that future posts will result in many Head-Fiers yet again opening their wallets and just as quickly spending their cash on the lastest greatest cans available.

"After 150+ hours on my HD700 they are substantially better than my HD650s."
tongue.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
but the one thing he did say there is not going to be a he60/he90 replacement. it;s over.

Saying that is akin to sticking their hand into one's chest and removing the heart with a twisting motion.
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:08 PM Post #6 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Saying that is akin to sticking their hand into one's chest and removing the heart with a twisting motion.
frown.gif

Or in Good Fellas when Tommy De Vito (Joe Pesci) repeatedly stabbed that guy in the trunk while yelling over and over again die you f*%K.

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:28 PM Post #7 of 550
I hope they make something completly new for their next flagship cans, not a hd-580 v4.

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Or in Good Fellas when Tommy De Vito (Joe Pesci) repeatedly stabbed that guy in the trunk while yelling over and over again die you f*%K.

It's like waking up to find the bloodied head of your favourite Orpheus in bed with you.

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #10 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
senn usa was at the meet and said they were currrently beavering away on a new project.

oooh, so its in the works then
smily_headphones1.gif
any idea on a price or release date?

As long as its not $995 I might get it...
evil_smiley.gif
I'm still game foir the new $50 piece of foam though, I don't know how i can justify a $50 piece of foam but not a $1000 headphone...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:57 PM Post #11 of 550
Why would Sennheiser bother introducing a new pair now? Check this site out, the HD650 is still the reigning king for the "fanboys" and who can challenge them? There may be a few pretenders but they have no large fan base.

All kidding aside, the HD650 has what everyone wants, the ability to extend themselves into reaches far beyond their pricing with a few mods and the right hardware.

Sennheiser would be best not to tangle with this mix of hardware and fanbass support without having something very special and as long as they continue to reign with the HD650? They would still need to allow for those who have the desire to mod their stuff with any new introduction since I contend this is part of their mystic.

This sounds much like the early days between the closed Apple system and the open IBM system for personal computers. The IBM system wins being open. If other headphone manufacturers would make their system more open to modifications maybe a real challenger would emerge.

Apr 23, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #12 of 550
didnt this thread used to have 4 or 5 pages about speculation on the hd-700?
maybe same thread diferent day.
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
Why would Sennheiser bother introducing a new pair now? Check this site out, the HD650 is still the reigning king for the "fanboys" and who can challenge them? There may be a few pretenders but they have no large fan base.

the hd-650 is still the top of the senheiser dynamic line-up. doublespeak translation: our best is no longer as good and certanly not better than the other guys best.

something new from senheiser that surpassed the hd-650 at this time would likely stomp it to nothing and a half.

maintaing the "upgradability" and part interchangability could easily be maintaned. design a new driver that bolts into the hd-6XX chasis, alternately design a new chasis for the hd-6xx driver... the options continue. design both a new driver, and a new chasis, and jsut keep the little plugs... same plugs? new plugs? use diferent plugs ont eh same chasis, with a new driver...

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #14 of 550
That Sennheiser guy was really a poor representative for Sennheiser. Other manufacturers were really able to be open and honest about their products, and this guy was a flat out trade show marketing person. It IS nice that Sennheiser had representatives there, but in the future I'd really hope they'd send someone else.

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 550
I hope they are a lot more expensive than the HD650, because I just got one and I don't want anything in the same pricerange tempting me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back