New Sennheiser HD-700!!!!
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #136 of 550
Quote:
im surprised so many ppl dont like how it looks.  what do you guys think of the hd800 then? i think that rendering looks better than the hd800. 

wanna talk about a headphone looking like something that took a dump, i think the lcd2/3 are very ugly.. especially when worn. my opinion.

It's too squished together looking design, and the HD800's are a perfect circle and look better quality. I can understand your Audeze statement, as i probably/might of had the same statement when i first saw them. You just gotta see an amazing cable with them or copper grills, or purple damping and you'll change your mind.

Dec 6, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #137 of 550

Quote:
Heard from a Sennheiser that these will be a strict $999.95 and any dealer who undercuts will lose access.

That's why price fixing is illegal in Australia.
You can have a Recommended Retail Price (RRP), but any manufacturer/supplier that removes access for reason of price (undercutting RRP) can and have been, prosecuted and fined.

What that does mean, is that the wholesale price to Australian retailers will be stupid, so that they can't make a profit selling below RRP, thus one of the main reasons why Sennheiser prices are inflated in OZ. 

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #138 of 550
following this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #139 of 550

Quote:

That's why price fixing is illegal in Australia.
You can have a Recommended Retail Price (RRP), but any manufacturer/supplier that removes access for reason of price (undercutting RRP) can and have been, prosecuted and fined.

What that does mean, is that the wholesale price to Australian retailers will be stupid, so that they can't make a profit selling below RRP, thus one of the main reasons why Sennheiser prices are inflated in OZ. 

This one will come out of Syntec directly ~ just like the HD800 is selling at the moment (hmm, for the time being)

Retailer gets an order, and Syntec deliver it personally to the customer. Silly.

Dec 7, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #141 of 550
Yeah the HD800 is better and also better looking...especially with the ColorWare options.

i saw that. if i bought a HD800 right now i would have it custom made with Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony. everyone knows pinkie pie makes everything ''fun'' sounding.

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #142 of 550
Subscribed. Interesting thread.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #143 of 550
Quote:
Heard from a Sennheiser that these will be a strict $999.95 and any dealer who undercuts will lose access.

I don't know any more than that.

I hope not. The price difference is too much from the models below it. I was looking forward to this.

Why not release some new mid to mid-high range cans ($400-700 range)? How old is the HD 600 now? 10 years? 650 is getting a little dusty too. Still great headphones but I'm sure technology has moved forward enough in that time period to merit something new. Seems a little money grabby to me.

In any case, I'm sure there will be retailers who don't usually sell sennheisers that will buy large batches, undercut the price, and not care about being cut off. It's not like they would have trouble getting rid of them with the overpriced competition. A fat profit to be had there. Or just sell them on ebay and not use their company name.

If anyone has been waiting to get a 600 or 650, this is very good news. There is certain to be a torrent of flawless new pairs going into the second hand market in the coming months that will bounce back in value if you don't like them.

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #144 of 550
995!?!!? aww thats true they'll be going up against LCD-2 and all the other 1000ish dollar pairs. wonder if i should still purchase LCD-2 and T1s next month (might just skip both and buy LCD-3 instead)

Dec 7, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #145 of 550

Quote:
I hope not. The price difference is too much from the models below it. I was looking forward to this.

Why not release some new mid to mid-high range cans ($400-700 range)? How old is the HD 600 now? 10 years? 650 is getting a little dusty too. Still great headphones but I'm sure technology has moved forward enough in that time period to merit something new. Seems a little money grabby to me.

In any case, I'm sure there will be retailers who don't usually sell sennheisers that will buy large batches, undercut the price, and not care about being cut off. It's not like they would have trouble getting rid of them with the overpriced competition. A fat profit to be had there. Or just sell them on ebay and not use their company name.

If anyone has been waiting to get a 600 or 650, this is very good news. There is certain to be a torrent of flawless new pairs going into the second hand market in the coming months that will bounce back in value if you don't like them.

According to this site (http://www.bestheadphonesguide.com/2011/10/rumor-mill-exclusive-sennheiser-hd700-750/, grain of salt...), they're discontinuing the HD 600s.  Perhaps a replacement for the 600s will be announced, per HelloHell's source?

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #147 of 550
Quote:
The price difference is too much from the models below it.

It's actually almost a perfect split between their HD650 and the HD800, price-wise. It was a strategic hole that needed to be filled.

Dec 7, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #148 of 550

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised to see it 1+k.

Let's hope they keep the pricing somewhat logical ~ remember the HD800 took a tumble recently to $1499AUD down from $1999AUD

HD600 - currently $399AUD
 HD650 - currently $499AUD
 HD700 - $899???
 HD800 - $1499AUD

Then you have the elusive wireless RS220 ~ rumoured to land for $800AUD-ish. Ouch.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #150 of 550

Quote:
 Let's hope they keep the pricing somewhat logical ~ remember the HD800 took a tumble recently to $1499AUD down from $1999AUD

HD600 - currently $399AUD
 HD650 - currently $499AUD
 HD700 - $899???
 HD800 - $1499AUD

Then you have the elusive wireless RS220 ~ rumoured to land for $800AUD-ish. Ouch.

Haven't other countries been getting them for $1,200-$1,300 for quite a while though? Still annoys the hell out of me. Always paying an invented premium...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back