New Sennheiser HD-700!!!!
Apr 24, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #31 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
senn usa was at the meet and said they were currrently beavering away on a new project.

but the one thing he did say there is not going to be a he60/he90 replacement. it;s over.

It's a pity. Sennheiser HE60 it's a very very good electrostatic headphone. Very sensible to electronics and cables, but capable to do wonderful things, in pair with the best headphones' system around.

It's a know-how that Sennheiser should keep and use...

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #32 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
It's a pity. Sennheiser HE60 it's a very very good electrostatic headphone. Very sensible to electronics and cables, but capable to do wonderful things, in pair with the best headphones' system around.

It's a know-how that Sennheiser should keep and use...

The Sennheiser guy's reasoning on this was so poor it was laughable. I really don't see any reason that a company like Sennheiser can't keep the HE60 in its lineup... the HD650 as a "top of the line" at $350 seems a little weird for such a huge headphone company. Especially after hearing every other flagship headphone at the meet.

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #33 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
The Sennheiser guy's reasoning on this was so poor it was laughable. I really don't see any reason that a company like Sennheiser can't keep the HE60 in its lineup... the HD650 as a "top of the line" at $350 seems a little weird for such a huge headphone company. Especially after hearing every other flagship headphone at the meet.

I hope that Sennheiser's engineer change their mind about not producing electrostatic headphones anymore.

Imho the HE60/HEV70 are Lambda killer... (I know, it's a matter of taste...)

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:55 PM Post #34 of 550
IMO electrostatic technology is so overrated on this site it's not even funny anymore. I cannot speak for all Sennheiser guys around the world but it seems our local Senn. representatives agree that HD650 can be comparable to the mighty HE90. Maybe what's just needed is a special "Head-Fi edition": HD650's drivers enclosed in real carbon fiber housing with a titanium headband and of course leather earpads, the whole thing sold at $2,000. I can guarantee you that opinions will be differents!

Now about HD700, i'm almost sure that when it (if called HD700) will come out people will immediately lust after HD750 or whatever and suddenly HD650 will lose their infamous bloated bass and rolled off highs to become the best dynamic Sennheiser 'phones.
icon10.gif

Head-Fiers are so predictable these days...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #35 of 550
I'm confident that Sennheiser designers won't go the electrostatic way because they're well aware that dynamic is the way to go for a very high performance yet still affordable headphone.
smily_headphones1.gif

P.S. Electrostatic sucks in terms of price and of universality of sonic appeal.

Apr 24, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #36 of 550
i dont' see a problem with how sennheiser responded. they are a company not a fraternity

i wouldnt expect them to give out too much information anyways because the asian markets are always trying to rip the stuff off lol

Apr 24, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #37 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall2072
So sennheiser has confirmed, or at least spoken to one head-fier about a new headphone in the mix, and its probably going to be a dynamic driver...

The GREAT NEWS will be if Sennheiser DO NOT elaborate a new dynamic model
icon10.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #38 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preshure0617
i dont' see a problem with how sennheiser responded. they are a company not a fraternity

They sure are a company... and we are the fraternity
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:14 PM Post #39 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
I hope that Sennheiser's engineer change their mind about not producing electrostatic headphones anymore.

Imho the HE60/HEV70 are Lambda killer... (I know, it's a matter of taste...)

Engineers typically do not decide which products will go to market, those kinds of decisions would be left to management.

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #40 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
Our local Senn. representatives agree that HD650 can be comparable to the mighty HE90. Maybe what's just needed is a special "Head-Fi edition": HD650's drivers enclosed in real carbon fiber housing with a titanium headband and of course leather earpads, the whole thing sold at $2,000. I can guarantee you that opinions will be differents!

I don't think you would even need a special edition. If the regular HD650s (or K701, or DT880s, etc.) were sold for $2000, they would without a doubt be considered the best headphones in the world other than the R10 and the Q010 (which are more expensive).

Apr 24, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #41 of 550
Quote:

IMO electrostatic technology is so overrated on this site it's not even funny anymore. I cannot speak for all Sennheiser guys around the world but it seems our local Senn. representatives agree that HD650 can be comparable to the mighty HE90. Maybe what's just needed is a special "Head-Fi edition": HD650's drivers enclosed in real carbon fiber housing with a titanium headband and of course leather earpads, the whole thing sold at $2,000. I can guarantee you that opinions will be differents!

Ok, no offense intended, but of COURSE your local Senn reps are going to tell you that the HD650 is comparable to the HE90. I mean, seriously. They ARE reps for Sennheiser!

Apr 24, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #42 of 550
Personally... I like the idea of a hybrid driver, a bit of both
smily_headphones1.gif

Electrostatic and dynamic like the AKG 340, that would certainly spike my interest, to be honest though the new Grado has me hooked more, but at the price its going for I'll stick with the RS-1's for a bit!!

Apr 24, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #43 of 550
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Ok, no offense intended, but of COURSE your local Senn reps are going to tell you that the HD650 is comparable to the HE90. I mean, seriously. They ARE reps for Sennheiser!

Yes, of course. But in fact i didn't ask them anything, they wrote something like "some experts do not hesitate to compare them (HD650) to the mythical Orpheus" on a HD650 documentation. Again i know it's manufacturer talk but i don't know which "experts" they refer to, maybe they've read my posts on Head-Fi
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

The funny thing for me is that i've read this only on sennheiserfrance.com

Apr 24, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #44 of 550
Quote:

Yes, of course. But in fact i didn't ask them anything, they wrote something like "some experts do not hesitate to compare them (HD650) to the mythical Orpheus" on a HD650 documentation. Again i know it's manufacturer talk but i don't know which "experts" they refer to, maybe they've read my posts on Head-Fi
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif

The funny thing for me is that i've read this only on sennheiserfrance.com

I mean, it just sounds like what you'd get from a salesman. And I would certainly COMPARE them to an Orph, simply because they have the same relative shape and are from the same company!

The sound though... no. No way, they are absolutely not in the same league or even planet. The Orph is really what people say it is, you know? There is no way around that. Many headphones get "hyped" because they are rare or expensive. The Orph may get some hype that way... but every last drop of it is deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back