New Sennheiser HD 650 Feedback
Apr 16, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #16 of 22
I was looking at Lite Dac, Keces, Zhaolu...

For balanced amp, maybe a Headroom balanced setup if i can find it without having to sell a kidney.

If i got the Balanced, i would still do a DAC later on down the road, so thats why im thinking DAC now and balanced setup later.

Also considering a cable change....however, im thinking my money is better spent elsewhere and if i did go balanced, would need a new cable anyway.

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First off my HD650s were made in Ireland like yours. At first they were TIGHT as hell. Seriously it was like a death grip on them...after a few hours of research on good old HeadFi, i found out how to loosen them up. They are 100% more comfortable now.

As for the sound, they still need some breaking in or i need to go to balanced ahhaa... no, seriously atm they sound alittle flabby...however with some tube changes i have got the sound almost to where i like it. Still seem like they need some more break in time....cant wait till i noticed if they changed after a 100 more hours or so.

Same here...made in Ireland. Build quality is good, but the headband and headband adjustment (sliding them in/out to adjust for different sized heads) is stiff as hell. They are a way tighter fit on my head than my old 590's. Thos guys fit snugly, and wouldn'd slide at all, but the 650's have a deathgrip on my skull... Still burning them in using white and pink noise (1 min each), a 20-200hz (10 sec.) and 200-20Khz (30 sec) frequency sweep (I made a CD, and have it on repeat). They've been burning in for only about 15 hours or so...long way to go yet. They were extremely bright at first, but are starting to loosen up. The really low bass was immediately "there", and they sound so much more in control than my previous phones (except the Etymotic ER4p/s's I own, but those are a different animal altogether. Can't wait for the burn-in to complete!

Apr 16, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #18 of 22
I've had two pairs of HD650s and both of them were made in Ireland. Now I have a new pair of HD600 and they're also made in Ireland.

Jun 13, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #19 of 22
patu, what didn't you like about the 650s that made you go back to hd600s? The same old reason as other people? too much bass???

Jun 13, 2008 at 11:29 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had two pairs of HD650s and both of them were made in Ireland. Now I have a new pair of HD600 and they're also made in Ireland.

anyone has one that's not made in ireland? my hd600 is made in ireland. the one i tried(hd580) couple years was made in ireland.

Jun 13, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by zanavi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shahrose:

same impressions here; so impressed with my first DT 880 that I purchased a second backup set during the clearance for the new 2005 models; still my favorite ones; seem like they can take alot though i still baby them; sa5000's seem too pretty and nice for regular use
smily_headphones1.gif
How are the DT 990's? Still have an itch to get the new DT 880 and DT 990 to see how the sound signature is different.

my advice is to stick with your dt880s, they're not as sibilant as their older sibling and thus, more balanced. why do i have them then? i simply use an equalizer to reduce the hot treble on the dt990s, after which they sound excellent, kind of like a more open dt880 with more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back