New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Nov 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #3,736 of 9,484
No comment. It's their right to delay my order so nothing can be done anyway.

That sounds at least mysterious to me.

I did write on my Rag order that they should feel free to bump me from the order line if they had quality concerns.  Not that they could actually do that and then ship to others.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,738 of 9,484
As best I can tell. Schiit doesn't read the notes on orders until it is ready to ship. Mine had a note indicating that direct signature was going to be problematic and asking them to contact me if that was an issue. I contacted them today when my Paypal payment lapsed and found out that indirect signature would not be an option.

Not sure Ragnarok is worth the additional expense of taking a day off work to sign for a package and really wish they'd have mentioned something a month ago when I placed the order.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #3,739 of 9,484
As best I can tell. Schiit doesn't read the notes on orders until it is ready to ship. Mine had a note indicating that direct signature was going to be problematic and asking them to contact me if that was an issue. I contacted them today when my Paypal payment lapsed and found out that indirect signature would not be an option.

Not sure Ragnarok is worth the additional expense of taking a day off work to sign for a package and really wish they'd have mentioned something a month ago when I placed the order.

If you have FedEX store nearby, you can direct the shipment to there and let them hold the package for you including signature required ones. FedEX usually open til late night so you can pick it up no problem.

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #3,740 of 9,484
If you have FedEX store nearby, you can direct the shipment to there and let them hold the package for you including signature required ones. FedEX usually open til late night so you can pick it up no problem.

I pretty much always do that.  The annoyance factor of having FedEx try to drop something off and leaving a tag is just too much.  And it cuts down on me having to ask my wife to look out for FedEx, if she is around.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #3,742 of 9,484
It's not that simple, I live in the sticks. Picking up a direct-signature package from Fed Ex has always been an issue (and is why I added the note). 

The "good" news is that I did not get an ETA. Presumably, I have a few more weeks to figure out a way to pick it up or cancel the order.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #3,744 of 9,484
  Please keep in mind these are very preliminary opinions.  I don't want to mislead anyone.  I did want to get some early impressions out there as a lot of people are looking at this amp.  I will definitely follow up after the weekend when I have had time to listen further and to roll the tube in my Lampizator to dial in the sound.

Nope, not mislead at all.  Just reason #153 why I will probably never own a tube amp.

Nov 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,745 of 9,484
  Please keep in mind these are very preliminary opinions.  I don't want to mislead anyone.  I did want to get some early impressions out there as a lot of people are looking at this amp.  I will definitely follow up after the weekend when I have had time to listen further and to roll the tube in my Lampizator to dial in the sound.

I really appreciate the review. You are coming at the Ragnarok from several directions, I really think that is where it's niche will be.

Like you, I'm looking at my tubed headphone amp and wondering about the price of tubes. Love the sound of my WA2 with T1s; but I'm thinking that the tubes are too expensive to continue using it as a preamp. I'm using an Emotiva UPA-2 to power desktop speakers, it's a bit crude and massively overpowered. I'd like to play with a balanced setup and try some low impedance planar magnetic headphones, as well. The Ragnarok solves a lot of issues for me.

I'm looking forward to your further review.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #3,746 of 9,484
  It's not that simple, I live in the sticks. Picking up a direct-signature package from Fed Ex has always been an issue (and is why I added the note). 

The "good" news is that I did not get an ETA. Presumably, I have a few more weeks to figure out a way to pick it up or cancel the order.

I feel your pain. I am in same boat as you, and people keep thinking I am an impatient person who cannot wait for Rag to arrive on other forum, while all I want is relatively accurate shipping date so I can arrange my schedule properly..

Nope, not mislead at all.  Just reason #153 why I will probably never own a tube amp.

It's not bad as you think. Get relatively cheap tube amps among with best SS amp is best way to make a setup IMO. Stuffs like Schiit's tube amplifiers, DIY Torpedo, Bottlehead amps and others are excellent choices for getting into tube without feeling pressure from expensive tube sets. I also used to think that way and stayed away from tube amps, which turned out to be a misconception.

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #3,747 of 9,484
Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not bad as you think. Get relatively cheap tube amps among with best SS amp is best way to make a setup IMO. Stuffs like Schiit's tube amplifiers, DIY Torpedo, Bottlehead amps and others are excellent choices for getting into tube without feeling pressure from expensive tube sets. I also used to think that way and stayed away from tube amps, which turned out to be a misconception.

Oh no, you don't understand!

I know myself.  The last thing  I need is to experience the intoxicating loveliness and endless joy of tube-rolling.  One is too many, and a thousand never enough!

Words to live by that have helped me navigate numerous addictions.  I can see another one a mile away, brother 
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #3,748 of 9,484

When I received my invoice, I asked Laura at Schiit to ship to my office address if the Ragnarok FedEx shipment needed a signature. Was no problem for Laura to accomodate.
Now that's customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back