New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Nov 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #3,541 of 9,484
I've never heard of a DAC that runs hot. Ygg could be an exception, but my guess is, if they stack them in the picture, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure they have rubber feet to avoid scratching the chassis.

That reminds me... I was reading the Ragnarok owner's manual earlier, and it says this about the feet:

ZERO Stick-on feet (because the amp already has screw-in feet—you’ve reached the big leagues now, guys)

Does this mean they are interchangeable with compatible aftermarket feet? I get the feeling that they're not rubber, and I can't find photos of the underside.

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #3,542 of 9,484
I've never heard of a DAC that runs hot. Ygg could be an exception, but my guess is, if they stack them in the picture, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure they have rubber feet to avoid scratching the chassis.

Gungnir does get hot, at least under a Rag.

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #3,543 of 9,484

That reminds me... I was reading the Ragnarok owner's manual earlier, and it says this about the feet:

Does this mean they are interchangeable with compatible aftermarket feet? I get the feeling that they're not rubber, and I can't find photos of the underside.

Rubber, screw on, about 1/2 inch wide, 1/4 inch deep.

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,544 of 9,484

Rubber, screw on, about 1/2 inch wide, 1/4 inch deep.

"you've reached the big leagues now, guys" - Schiit Ragnarok Manual 
L3000.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #3,546 of 9,484
A quick update on Ragnarok production:

1. Yep, it's taking longer than expected to ship the orders we've taken. Some of you have undoubtedly noticed.

2. Why? Mainly because it's a complex assembly and we have been limited by the following factors:

a. Paranoia. We want these to be perfect, so we're going slow.
b. A too-complex process. We decided to keep some things in-house for the first run, like wiring, that will be done at the board house for the second run. This means we've had to dedicate more assembly time than we expected to Ragnarok...but it also means the next run will go much faster.
c. Some staff vacation, etc.
d. Less staff available than expected, due to going into the "busy time" of the year.

3. The good news? We're back to full staff, and moving much faster--and we're running over this weekend to catch up. I expect you'll see most of the current outstanding orders shipped next week, or the week after. 

Just wanted to keep you in the loop!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3,547 of 9,484
Doubt anyone will care how long the wait was once they hear this thing

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #3,548 of 9,484
Hey Jason any update on the buzzing issue some people have reported?

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #3,549 of 9,484
Hey Jason any update on the buzzing issue some people have reported?

No buzzing on anything we're shipping. Of course, circlotrons are sensitive to noise on the AC power line, so turning off dimmers, or not plugging in next to a computer (or investing in a filter or isolation transformer) may be necessary in some cases.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #3,551 of 9,484
Nov 6, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #3,552 of 9,484

Gungnir does get hot, at least under a Rag.

Very curious about how the G works with Ragnarok. Since that is exactly what I'm gonna be listening to. Impressions on this combination?

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #3,554 of 9,484
  Silly question. Has anyone fully tested the Ragnarok with the HD 800s using the single end connector? Does it drive enough power to the headphones and sound good? I'm planning on the Rag and Ygg to be my end game.

If it's your end game, get a balanced HD 800 cable. :)

It will certainly have enough power SE, but you'll be missing out on what makes the whole topology special.

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #3,555 of 9,484
^^ What he said.

I'm not going to buy any more headphones that cannot easily accommodate balanced. The SE output on Rag is very good - but after you've steeped in that Circlotron goodness, SE isn't good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back