New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Feb 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #466 of 834
Believe me, the wait is more agonizing for people who are actually waiting for theirs. You can probably expect initial impressions 3/2 or 3/3.  Mine is expected 3/3, but shipping may be faster for those who aren't on the east coast (Schiit ships from CA).

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #468 of 834

Quote:
The LCD-2 has a more substantial bottom end, but more importantly, it certainly does not lack even one whit in high frequency detail with the setup I have, but it is never strident either, unless of course, the recording is too.  In true Head-Fi fashion though, you should buy both the HE-6 and the LCD-2.

You're hearing mid-bass bloat in your D7000, and neither of the planars have any mid bass bloat.

Oh I know the D7000 is anything but 'reference'. I do love the emphasis that it has. It's my 'jam out' headphone. I'm not a fan of 'neutral' headphones, despite what I want from my AMP/DACs.

No way in hell can I afford both the LCD2 and HE6, but I'd love to try both and see which suits me best. I like what I hear about the bass in the LCD2, but I also hear that they're a bit too recessed in the upper region. I like a little bite from that particular area too.

I dunno. I'm not an audiophile in the sense that you guys are (I'm a V-curved kinda guy), but I do appreciate quality.

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #469 of 834

Quote:
Believe me, the wait is more agonizing for people who are actually waiting for theirs. You can probably expect initial impressions 3/2 or 3/3.  Mine is expected 3/3, but shipping may be faster for those who aren't on the east coast (Schiit ships from CA).

Just for reference I am in the Pacific NW and mine is expected on the 2nd, so the East coast trek only adds a day as you estimated.

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #470 of 834

Yes. I know the agony well. Mine shipped 25/6 of Feb. But shipping will likely take two weeks to the west coast of Australia.

Jude- I am guessing that you are a very busy many but put me out of my misery please. :)

Feb 28, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #471 of 834

Quote:
Oh I know the D7000 is anything but 'reference'. I do love the emphasis that it has. It's my 'jam out' headphone. I'm not a fan of 'neutral' headphones, despite what I want from my AMP/DACs.

No way in hell can I afford both the LCD2 and HE6, but I'd love to try both and see which suits me best. I like what I hear about the bass in the LCD2, but I also hear that they're a bit too recessed in the upper region. I like a little bite from that particular area too.

I dunno. I'm not an audiophile in the sense that you guys are (I'm a V-curved kinda guy), but I do appreciate quality.

I would never call the highs "recessed" on my LCD-2's.  So it's something you have to hear and it will either match your HRTF and appeal to you or not.  Nobody can really tell you if it will or wont...Ya gotta listen on your system.

Mar 1, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #474 of 834
Im guessing the earliest the general public is getting this thing will be tomorrow. Thats when Ill be getting mine and Im just right up the coast a bit. I suppose there are some people in California getting it today though.

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #476 of 834
Mine should have arrived here in New Orleans today, but bad weather in Memphis slowed it down. Now they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, along with a pair of HE-6's I purchased. It should be a good day.

Mar 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #477 of 834
Mine should be here tomorrow, but no LCD-2s for probably another week)=. Will be interesting to compare the Lyr and Valhalla with some HD600's though.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #478 of 834
:D It certainly makes the LCD-2s sound incredible! There is no sense of recessed highs to me (but, then again, that could be my old ears). The Lyr makes the LCD-2 sound more "detailed"...it is much easier to identify individual music instruments and threads in a complex passage. I swear the soundstage is bigger. All I know is, as I listen to the Lyr and Audez'e, I am swept away by the music.

I live just up the coast from Schiit...got mine today.

So, now I will continue burning it in and trying various cables with the LCD-2s to find my nirvana. :D

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Schiit is really cool schiit! ...or hot schiit! ...take your pick.:p

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #480 of 834
Quote:

You'll want the HE-6 for sure MLE, since your tastes are the brighter the better.

=2871&graphID[1]=283&graphID[2]=&graphID[3]=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones]They actually aren't to far off from your D7000s either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back