NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #1,051 of 2,741

The Asgard 2 drives my T1 600 Ohm just fine. Very smooth, very airy presentation. 

Though I prefer Naim/Beyer A1 combination. But the Naim DAC alone costs $3500.
That  Naim system sounds so incredible and brought out the sublime best of T1 that  decided to
purchase the Beyer in a week.

My Bifrost/Asgard 2 system probably achieves 80% of the Naim/Beyer A1 system. 
There's still some treble glare & loose bass in some tracks. But not much else
really. Incredible bargain. 

Appreciate the response, I have Modi so far is that worth upgrading to bifrost? I would probably use the upgraded usb if i got it upgraded. Thoughts on that?

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #1,053 of 2,741
  Well of course there's no reason for me to use the Magni either with Asgard2 on desk, but I'm not going to say it blows the Magni away.

Congrats for your Uber/Asgard2 combo.
beerchug.gif
  Have you really sold your HD650 and kept the HE-400? 
eek.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,059 of 2,741

Ironically I've come to favor the hd650 over the he400. 

Also there is now a three week wait time on the Asgard 2 in case anyone is wanting one. 

Yep, I think I mentioned that our biggest problem is keeping things in stock around the holidays. We're trying to keep up, but things are already looking a bit thin.

Last year, I believe we were out of stock on *everything* at the end of the year except Magni and Modi, which were introduced Dec 13. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,062 of 2,741
Sorry, I have not kept up with this thread. I retract my earlier comment. I only ask because I remember Jason saying no way no how on black and then I saw it as a choice on the site. 

Again, question withdrawn and my apologies.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #1,064 of 2,741

Ironically I've come to favor the hd650 over the he400.

Also there is now a three week wait time on the Asgard 2 in case anyone is wanting one.

Dang! I had to wait a long schiit a_ _ time when I ordered early in the year....good for them demand is this high

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #1,065 of 2,741

Mine is still susceptible to pops & cracks from my Mac Mini using the USB.

Sorry about the late reply. That may be due to your Mac Mini and a lack of RAM or bad usb port. My USB out sounds better than my SPDIF out and plus it doesn't make the noisy relay clicks that the SPDIF does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back