NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #229 of 2,741
If they fix the transformer issue, I'll strongly consider getting it again.  It sounds bloody brilliant as an amp. I've never heard my DT990/600 ohm sound better.

Quote:
Oh... Bummer. Glad you got your money back though.. 

Mar 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #230 of 2,741
If they fix the transformer issue, I'll strongly consider getting it again.  It sounds bloody brilliant as an amp. I've never heard my DT990/600 ohm sound better.
I would have to completely agree on how A2 makes DT990 shine.

As a matter of fact, this combo sounds not too far behind T90 with M1HPA, which is kind of crazy to me.

Mine also has some mechanical hum but it is quite within the limits as not too bother me much.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #232 of 2,741
I saw your earlier posts, and appreciated them....sort of.  I also have low impedance Grados (the PS500's) and now I'm starting to get cold feet about picking up this new amp.
Sorry for that, did not mean to discourage you :) It is still an amazing amp, and there is an easy way to try and decide for yourself; worst case you could just ship it back

Mar 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #233 of 2,741
Can't wait till Jason gets the hum problem sorted out. In the meantime I guess I'll have to settle with my lowly Asgard V1 :)  JK, I love my Asgard! But I will be getting the new version once the minor glitches are fixed..

Mar 10, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #234 of 2,741
They'll get it sorted out. And, as good as they've taken care of my exchanges and returns, I am tempted to order another one when it's fixed.

Can't wait till Jason gets the hum problem sorted out. In the meantime I guess I'll have to settle with my lowly Asgard V1 :)  JK, I love my Asgard! But I will be getting the new version once the minor glitches are fixed..

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #235 of 2,741
Quote:

And where can you get the original Asgard 1---used???

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #236 of 2,741
Mar 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #237 of 2,741
Quote:
I received my Asgard 2 several days ago and have been burning it in.  The mechanical hum is at a very low level, cannot hear it until I place my ear directly against the chassis.  This is more than acceptable.  Turning the gain up fully in the high gain setting does exhibit an audible hum through phones BUT any amp, regardless of cost, would including my Woo WA6SE.  Once again, this is with the gain at maximum with no signal input at the most sensitive gain setting.  Also, the A2 runs significantly cooler than my A1, for whatever that is worth.  My A1 is up for sale for anyone interested, I will accept any reasonable offer.

Quote:
And where can you get the original Asgard 1---used???

Post #162 in this thread; not sure if it's still available though

Mar 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #240 of 2,741
Considering getting one of these. Anyone know how the perform with the DT880s 600ohm? I saw one post a few pages back and he didn't like them. If anyone else has them could you please tell me your opinions? Id greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back