NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Feb 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #46 of 2,741
This may be the creepiest post I've ever read on HF.

Quote:
I will sell blood and semen if I have to; whatever it takes my to get my hands on a Schiit integrated amp. While you're at it, go ahead and design a phono preamp so I can have Schiit stack for all of my stereo needs. I'll give you dibs on my body fluids, if it sweetens the deal for you.

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #48 of 2,741
Quote:
This may be the creepiest post I've ever read on HF.

It was mostly said in jest. I may actually donate plasma for spare cash, though. It's quite lucrative. I'm a sucker for good looking, good sounding (time will tell on that, obviously, but I am optimistic) integrated amps at fair prices, though, so I can deal with the needles and boredom.

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #49 of 2,741
My post was also mostly in jest.  It's all good!

Quote:

It was mostly said in jest. I may actually donate plasma for spare cash, though. It's quite lucrative. I'm a sucker for good looking, good sounding (time will tell on that, obviously, but I am optimistic) integrated amps at fair prices, though, so I can deal with the needles and boredom.

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #50 of 2,741
Quote:
My post was also mostly in jest.  It's all good!

I figured just as much. I just don't want anyone around these parts thinking that I'm sending samples of myself to businessmen with good ideas.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #54 of 2,741
Nice, mine will be here Monday. So how does it sound? Expecting a full review in the next 30 min! 
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #56 of 2,741
Mine is also scheduled for delivery on Monday, but USPS isn't always reliable on their due dates.

Feb 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #57 of 2,741
Much better than an M/M not as good as a Lyr.
I'm not good at these things.

Musical with good definition but 1 dimensional.  It's very hard for me to lose my bias to glass.
I don't want to move with the music it's not pulling me along for the ride. It's not deep to me.
The base is very good with differentiation.  It does a good job with my LCD2's

However...
It's a cupcake without frosting. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #58 of 2,741
Quote:
It's a cupcake without frosting. 

Did you have the Asgard 1 before?  If it's anything like that (and frankly all of Schiit's products), give it a good burn in period and see if things open up a bit. I've had and sold Asgard 1 and Lyr, and am currently using Magni and Mjolnir; they've all required a solid 100 hour burn in to completely settle on sound signature in my experience. For what it's worth, the Asgard was an amazing value so I can only imagine what it sounds like now (as Asgard 2) if it's 'a mini Mjolnir' as has been mentioned.

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #60 of 2,741
Quote:
Could anyone -- after getting their Asgard 2 -- post some pictures with their headphones, DACs, other amps to get a good grip of its size? I cant find my ruler!

Schiit has some product pictures on their site that you could possibly use as a reference. If not you could also try looking it up on Google Images, Im sure a lot of pictures from head-fi will pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back