NEW - Schiit Asgard 2
Apr 9, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #348 of 2,741
Quote:
I guess compass 2 is better. Anyone ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wassa compass 2?? 

If you meant "Asgard 2", then maybe someone that has compared the two can speak up. 

I like the addition of the gain switch on the Asgard 2 and it has done a respectable job for my phones (HD800, HE500), but I can not say it is 'better' as I have not used the Asgard 1 so have no reference.

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #350 of 2,741
Quote:

Ah ha, thank you for the link...I'll be quiet now...
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #351 of 2,741
 Updated STATUS: In beta test. We expect to start shipping April 26.

And I just recieved email from Schiit. :frowning2:

"Please accept our apologies on the Asgard 2 ship date continuing to slip. We want these to be absolutely, 100% perfect, so we're being ultra-paranoid about every little detail, so this has meant delays as we've worked with our vendors, and did extended internal testing. Now, we're confident that every Asgard 2 we ship will be free from mechanical hum, anodizing issues, and grounding problems. 

That's the good news. The bad news is that we still want to get some extended input on the Asgard 2s, so we're sending a handful of beta test products to listeners. They'll run them and weigh in on whether or not we've solved everything to their satisfaction. 

What does this mean? If the beta test goes well, which we expect it will, we expect to be shipping Asgard 2s by April 26. Note: "expect" = "educated guess," not "guarantee."

We understand if these delays are frustrating when you have an order in the queue, but we also want to make sure we are shipping great stuff. "

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #352 of 2,741
Unfortunate as the delay is, I think we'd all agree that it is better to do it right than to do it twice. Schiit's delay and their notices to keep their customers informed are telling me that they are trying to do the right thing, both for themselves as a business and for their customers.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #353 of 2,741
Yeah, as someone who backed off my initial order after the delay and am still considering ordering one, I'm really happy they are taking this path. I'm glad they are going to beta test the product. It's also a great way to rebuild some hype for a product launch that started off really well...until some of the first units got out! 

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #354 of 2,741
Well not too bad in my opinion. I am glad they want to do it right this time. My tax return comes in this Friday and ill be using some for this :)

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #355 of 2,741
I wonder if this means if existing A2 owners could send in their unit for testing? Though there are no discernible problems, I can't help but be paranoid that it might not be up to par in some way--you don't know what you don't know.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #356 of 2,741
Well I have no issues with mine, it does what I want it to.  It also has a five year warranty if something does go wrong...

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #358 of 2,741
I just posted something on the general schiit page,  but I ordered mine on 1/25, and the date on my order is now 4/30. But, I haven't received any emails from the company.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #359 of 2,741
Has anyone tried the A2 with the Denon AH-D7000?
I guess the D2000, D5000 and Fostex TH-900 would be a good reference as well.
I'm tempted to get the A2, but the high noise floor mentioned here makes me a bit apprehensive. The D7000 have a stupidly low impedance, just 25 ohms. Unless I'm mistaken that's IEM territory :/

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #360 of 2,741
Deleted double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back