New Rudistor NX-03 (solid state)
May 7, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #16 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoPants /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too bad it's violently stupid to buy from europe while in america right now =(

I'll bite. Why is it violently stupid to purchase now (and yes, I know the status of the U.S. dollar)?
wink.gif

May 7, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #17 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info Kees. I wonder as well how it sounds opposed to the NX3?

I never heard the NX-03, but I have owned the NX-33. I think it is save to assume that soundwise they are not very different. Lots of easy power, slightly warm sound signature and with an incredible bass extension & handling.

May 8, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #18 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Johnson noise, also known as thermal noise. It's dependant on bandwidth, resistance, and temperature, it's a law of physics and there's no way around it. For an amplifier with a 10k input impedance and 100kHz bandwidth, the lowest theoretically possible noise floor at room temperature is -108dB. Rudistor claims -113dB which is a blatant lie and flat out impossible unless the amplifier is sitting in a vat of liquid nitrogen.

paging sovkiller....

May 12, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #19 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bite. Why is it violently stupid to purchase now (and yes, I know the status of the U.S. dollar)?
wink.gif

I agree with you. It might even be violently smart for USAns to buy from Europe now, before the dollar plummets even further.

May 12, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #20 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has happened earlier that Rudistor has overstated the specifications, even to specs that are virtually impossible.

That is not true at all, what has happened before is that a few selected group of members, mainly always the exact same guys, believe that the specs listed are not possible, if you do a search those same guys, had bashed Ray, SP, Headroom, and all the rest of the manufacturers, one by one, but as aside note, none of them have been able to show anything better in all the years that I have been here till now. Some of them not even bad, simply absolutely nothing. Also not sure how to arrive to such conclusions not even knowing the topologies in question at all, it is like just argue for the sake of it, of course those are their personal opinion, and they are entitled to it, but nothing else...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

FYI all the instruments used in all the measurements of the specs are tested an calibrated by third party labs, those specs published in Europe, are corroborated, as required by the European Community. All documents must be filed, and have to be in order always, they are in Rudi's files, if any member has any doubt, even while he does not like to discuss his designs, as any other manufacturer, just contact him for an explanation, instead of begin another mud war here...please....
wink.gif

May 14, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #21 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is not true at all, what has happened before is that a few selected group of members, mainly always the exact same guys, believe that the specs listed are not possible, if you do a search those same guys, had bashed Ray, SP, Headroom, and all the rest of the manufacturers, one by one, but as aside note, none of them have been able to show anything better in all the years that I have been here till now. Some of them not even bad, simply absolutely nothing. Also not sure how to arrive to such conclusions not even knowing the topologies in question at all, it is like just argue for the sake of it, of course those are their personal opinion, and they are entitled to it, but nothing else...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

FYI all the instruments used in all the measurements of the specs are tested an calibrated by third party labs, those specs published in Europe, are corroborated, as required by the European Community. All documents must be filed, and have to be in order always, they are in Rudi's files, if any member has any doubt, even while he does not like to discuss his designs, as any other manufacturer, just contact him for an explanation, instead of begin another mud war here...please....
wink.gif

No real arguments being presented to support the accusations (yes, that's what they are), I'm taking Sovkiller's word and Rudistor's reputation for true
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #22 of 111
I don't know anything about the thruth in this, but I do know that I love my Rudistor amp and the after sales service offered when I was not happy with some aspect of the amp with my L3000. Rudi offered me to return it to him express shipping for him to tune it and then send it back. Turnaround was less than a week and it cost him over $500 in shipping charges (he paid both ways).

May 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #23 of 111
I am no electronics expert and I can't verify the claim that Rudistors specs exceed what is possible. However, I have good reason to believe it. Looking at specifications for headphone amps and preamps, start at very expensive and well-respected amps and they have much worse specs than Rudistor, in the next higher class is no amp, not either in the next, and finally, much above all others: Rudistor.

May 16, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #24 of 111
Quote:

It has happened earlier that Rudistor has overstated the specifications, even to specs that are virtually impossible.

Quote:

wink.gif

Quote:

Johnson noise, also known as thermal noise. It's dependant on bandwidth, resistance, and temperature, it's a law of physics and there's no way around it. For an amplifier with a 10k input impedance and 100kHz bandwidth, the lowest theoretically possible noise floor at room temperature is -108dB. Rudistor claims -113dB which is a blatant lie and flat out impossible unless the amplifier is sitting in a vat of liquid nitrogen.

I appreciate that you're trying to defend a product that you sell, but is what Roam said true or not?

USG

May 16, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #25 of 111
Quote:

FYI all the instruments used in all the measurements of the specs are tested an calibrated by third party labs, those specs published in Europe, are corroborated, as required by the European Community.

This had me curious because I know of no other small shop that does this. Where are the lap reports? I can't find them on Rudistor's site.

May 16, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #26 of 111
Quote:

I just read an article about class D amplifiers and they mention a noise floor of -120dB. Is this also not true then????

May 16, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #27 of 111
Quote:

Looking at specifications for headphone amps and preamps, start at very expensive and well-respected amps and they have much worse specs than Rudistor, in the next higher class is no amp, not either in the next, and finally, much above all others: Rudistor.

How many did you check? This is the first one that crosses my mind, the Perreaux SHX-2. The SHX-1 which I owned, and loved, was also very similar, IIRC it was around 113db (I still have the curves, made for each amp here home) Those amps are not expensive at all BTW, and have been completely underrated here in Headfi...They are all discrete, what makes those figures a lot harder to achieve than with Op-amps, and they are Class A as well, what makes them run hotter, and these do get a little warm, so are they also overstating the specs???

Rated Power Output (per channel): 2.0WRMS into 32Ω
1.0WRMS into 64Ω
115mWRMS into 300Ω
Voltage Swing: 31.5Vp-p
Input Sensitivity: 1.45VRMS
Maximum Gain: 15.0dB
Input Impedance: 50kΩ
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD+N)
Typically: 0.001%, @ 1kHz into 64Ω, 20Hz to 20kHz: <0.005%
Frequency Response: 5Hz-60kHz, +0 -0.25dB
Signal to Noise Ratio Rated Output (unweighted): 115dB

May 16, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #28 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know anything about the thruth in this, but I do know that I love my Rudistor amp and the after sales service offered when I was not happy with some aspect of the amp with my L3000. Rudi offered me to return it to him express shipping for him to tune it and then send it back. Turnaround was less than a week and it cost him over $500 in shipping charges (he paid both ways).

Now THAT'S good service! Makes the thought of dealing with a small foreign shop on an expensive item less intimidating. Thanks for the info.

May 16, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I appreciate that you're trying to defend a product that you sell, but is what Roam said true or not?

USG

Dear Member of the Trade and Rudistor dealer Sovkiller

May we assume by your silence on this issue, that what Anders and others have said has now been verified as the truth ?

"That Rudistor has overstated the specifications, even to specs that are virtually impossible."
eek.gif

Now that this has been established, let's move on.

USG

May 16, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #30 of 111
As one who "has no clue" - does it really make an audible / detectible difference - whether its 108db or 113db?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back