New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i
Nov 14, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #271 of 542

Whoa! 
eek.gif
  That's quite a statement there! 

I should clarify that a bit better. First, that's only taking into consideration the IEM's I've heard or owned. Two, this is for my personal preference and requirements for an IEM in this price range. Since I have 1Plus2's anything in the under $500 price range is going to be for portable/back up purposes so what I'm looking for might differ than someone whose budget tops out in that range. For instance, I'm more concerned with overall balance and tonality than ultimate resolution or soundstage size. So with that in mind I'd say there's certainly going to be IEM's that are better in some aspects than the MA750i's but, from memory at least, out of all the IEM's I've heard under $500, the MA750i's offer the best overall package for my preferences.

Lol, I meant it in a good way. 
smile.gif
  I myself compared it to UE 900 in my impressions.  Hey, I've got a 1 Plus 2 here as well, wanna do a comparo?  Kidding, that would be so unfair. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #272 of 542

Lol, I meant it in a good way. 
smile.gif
  I myself compared it to UE 900 in my impressions.  Hey, I've got a 1 Plus 2 here as well, wanna do a comparo?  Kidding, that would be so unfair. 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

$1500 vs $120 
bigsmile_face.gif

I actually think they are the best IEMs under $200 that I have heard, beating the TWFK models, GR07 MKII, and the very nice BA-100 as well as several others. Will compare them to the DN-1000 that I won. 

I think that the bass has cleared up significantly after my 50 hours or so of burning in. It is now more controlled and has less rumble, which gives the listener an impression of these being more detailed but the bass is still the highlight for me. Separation seems to have improved and everything sounds more refined. On the frequency graph the midrange is forward, but I actually find it slightly recessed, a tad bit more so than my Miracles. The treble on the graph seems about right, being rolled off at 6-7K. It has plenty of sparkle, but if you come from a brighter IEM such as the the UM Miracle or a R50/AX7/DBA-02 etc, then these might sound a bit dark upon the first listen, but they are actually relatively well balanced. 

Overall these are a wonderful all rounder and it is hard to imagine something better at it's price range. 

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #273 of 542
Having another listen to MA750 this evening, that sub-bass is extremely powerful with my IHIFI DAP. Listening to electronic music the low end reaches down low, deep deep deep punching with authority, rather dynamic as well, "feel da bass". Not afraid letting you know it's around. Luckily, also presents fairly decent texture, detail, and speed is above average.

I would personally prefer a little less low end forwardness for my preferences, let off the accelerator a little, because its fun for a while and I'm in two minds whether I love it or dislike after a certain duration . For mainstreamers however they'll be more than pleased you'll be bassing out till your hearts content with dance music and hip hop. Don't get me wrong, it's fun but for someone who listens to rather neutral  (to some lacking) low end as preference MA750 is a little overly emphasised at times.

I will try with some other players as IHIFI 760 has solid bass impact and could be over cooking the show.

biggrin.gif

$1500 vs $120 
bigsmile_face.gif

I actually think they are the best IEMs under $200 that I have heard, beating the TWFK models, GR07 MKII, and the very nice BA-100 as well as several others. Will compare them to the DN-1000 that I won. 

I think that the bass has cleared up significantly after my 50 hours or so of burning in. It is now more controlled and has less rumble, which gives the listener an impression of these being more detailed but the bass is still the highlight for me. Separation seems to have improved and everything sounds more refined. On the frequency graph the midrange is forward, but I actually find it slightly recessed, a tad bit more so than my Miracles. The treble on the graph seems about right, being rolled off at 6-7K. It has plenty of sparkle, but if you come from a brighter IEM such as the the UM Miracle or a R50/AX7/DBA-02 etc, then these might sound a bit dark upon the first listen, but they are actually relatively well balanced. 

Overall these are a wonderful all rounder and it is hard to imagine something better at it's price range. 

Good points Lin. I'm finding the same thing, they might sound little dark at first coming from my RDB v1 Mini and original 1Plus2 here but if you bare with it for 5 or 10 minutes they clear right up for me, I've put up with much worse adjustment periods and some no matter how hard I tried just couldn't shake. I was a little like what you mentioned above when I first put MA750 on, but it clears up within 5 minutes or so. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #275 of 542
Reporting in to say I haven't forgotten about the wonderful RHA MA-750 in my possession and a review will still be coming. Hopefully over this coming weekend sometime as I'm tied down with other stuff in the queue. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #276 of 542
No worries H20, better to be thorough than not right? 
smile.gif
  In the meantime, here's a little update. 

As I'm reviewing both the MA750i and Beyerdynamic's A20 amp at the moment, I thought I'd pair them up for a quick session.  Running Taylor Eigsti's "Get Your Hopes Up" (16/44 .wav), I'm finding the MA750i to be far more impressive than I originally thought.

The bass is tamer and more restrained after some burn-in, and the highs are starting to open up a little bit.  It's still missing that hi-fi shimmer at the very top, and I personally wouldn't mind a little more forwardness in the upper mids.

But at $129, this unit comes startling close to units that cost far more, and has nothing to prove to anybody.

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #277 of 542
  No worries H20, better to be thorough than not right? 
smile.gif

Indeed Sir Warren, indeed.

For a sneak preview my review will be fairly positive, with flying stars in build quality and aesthetics, another award granted for design and packaging. There will be mentions of their natural timbre I find very appealing, (especially for this price) and a positive note on mid range attack, (solid performance there chaps) which out classes many IEM's in the $200  above price range. the headstage is also rather large for this price and soundstage also performing overly well in width.  There will however be slaps on the wrists for some rather emphasised vocal sibilance at times which cannot be ignored and some bass bleed occurring when venturing up the volume scale. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #278 of 542
Since we're sharing previews: The MA600 is smooooooooth.  I don't think anyone will be experiencing listening fatigue with these IEMs.  I'm also a fan of the included tips; I find the dual density silicone to be superior to Sony's efforts.  I'll be buying some more of these in the future.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #279 of 542

For a sneak preview my review will be fairly positive, with flying stars in build quality and aesthetics, another award granted for design and packaging. There will be mentions of their natural timbre I find very appealing, (especially for this price) and a positive note on mid range attack, (solid performance there chaps) which out classes many IEM's in the $200  above price range. 

I'm assuming the DN-1000 is still a level higher though?

Nov 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #281 of 542
  I find the dual density silicone to be superior to Sony's efforts.  I'll be buying some more of these in the future.

YES!  I fell in love with the dual-density tips back when they had the MA450 and ordered extra.  For some reason, they just seem to fit and seal extraordinarily well for me. 
smile.gif

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #283 of 542
I received mine two days ago and have driver flex in both buds.

-__-

Is this normal?  Does it really affect anything?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back