New Release: aune Jasper Reference Pure-Fidelity In-Ear Monitors
Jan 3, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #33 of 39
yes I have already read the two reviews, but I was looking for someone who would compare the two and highlight the best aspects of one rather than the other.

I already own the FD5s, but I feel the treble tuning doesn't always satisfy me, but I also know that the Aune falls short of the FD5 on the low end.

However, I would like to understand whether to buy Jasper as well.

Jan 3, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #34 of 39
yes I have already read the two reviews, but I was looking for someone who would compare the two and highlight the best aspects of one rather than the other.

I already own the FD5s, but I feel the treble tuning doesn't always satisfy me, but I also know that the Aune falls short of the FD5 on the low end.

However, I would like to understand whether to buy Jasper as well.
The Jasper has an almost linear bass response with less bass and mid - bass emphasis.
Mids are the same in tuning and then the Jasper is considerably more forward in the upper - mids and presence area but not as accentuated at the upper presence and brilliance range.
Sound is more lean and less full bodied with great clarity and detail retrieval.
They sound quite different, the FD5 is kinda of fun and colored with some bright moments while the Jasper is a monitor like presentation, more airy and analytical, less thick and steadily bright.
The FD5 is Harman type V shape tuning with a couple of treble peaks while
the Jasper is neutral bright.

Jan 3, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #35 of 39
The Jasper has an almost linear bass response with less bass and mid - bass emphasis.
Mids are the same in tuning and then the Jasper is considerably more forward in the upper - mids and presence area but not as accentuated at the upper presence and brilliance range.
Sound is more lean and less full bodied with great clarity and detail retrieval.
They sound quite different, the FD5 is kinda of fun and colored with some bright moments while the Jasper is a monitor like presentation, more airy and analytical, less thick and steadily bright.
The FD5 is Harman type V shape tuning with a couple of treble peaks while
the Jasper is neutral bright.
Thank you very much for the comparison.

During my listening session, i sometimes find myself wanting to increase the volume on some passages that make me excited. With the FD5s i can do this as they have a surprisingly low level of distortion.

How does Jasper sounds at high volumes?
can they compete with the low level of distortion of the FD5?

Jan 3, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #37 of 39
Thank you very much for the comparison.

During my listening session, i sometimes find myself wanting to increase the volume on some passages that make me excited. With the FD5s i can do this as they have a surprisingly low level of distortion.

How does Jasper sounds at high volumes?
can they compete with the low level of distortion of the FD5?
I can't remember any kind of distortion.
I like my music loud but I haven't pushed them to ear deafening levels.

Jan 22, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #39 of 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Back