New Radiohead On October 10th
Oct 2, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #46 of 165
I couldn't resist and have just pre-ordered, The £40 includes worldwide postage.

Not bad when MFSL wanted to charge over $180 dollars for one CD to be delivered to Spain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #47 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you didn't hear, it's coming out as a regular CD early next year.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/n...regular-cd-too

That's good to hear. For a minute there I was afraid the only way to get a CD was to get a vinyl as well. Not to mention I couldn't stand the thought of a blank spot in my Radiohead section of my CD racks. That just won't do. Now I'll gladly participate in the mass legal download of In Rainbows and I will even pay for the privilege. I would rather support the band by purchasing a concert ticket, but the odds of them coming to my side of the country are pretty low.
frown.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #48 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pre-ordered the Discbox. Radiohead have given me enough listening pleasure over the years that I'll gladly help to finance 'em, regardless of how good the album turns out to be.
smily_headphones1.gif

same here. i juggled this idea around for a while, but then i decided that if they're cool enough to give away music to make a point to the music business then i'm willing to make a larger contribution than i normally would.

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #49 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rather support the band by purchasing a concert ticket, but the odds of them coming to my side of the country are pretty low.
frown.gif

they were in atlanta in '03. i didn't go because none of my friends at the time were into radiohead. but i'll try and get there if they're ever back.

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #50 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppergrass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they were in atlanta in '03. i didn't go because none of my friends at the time were into radiohead. but i'll try and get there if they're ever back.

I have that bootleg. It's a good concert, and the sound quality is pretty solid for a bootleg (it's a soundboard).

I've been debating the whole 40 pounds issue, but I'm just gonna fork it over, too. The bonuses would be pretty nice.

Oct 3, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #51 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppergrass /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I made it to that one. Awesome concert. I wasn't a huge fan of Creep, but they really rocked that one during that show. Call me greedy, but I want to see them again, only this time with better seats.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #56 of 165
Damn Head-Fi!
icon10.gif
After telling myself for a week not to do this I just ordered the Radiohead Discbox. Just seemed like such a unique thing and I'm so anxious for new Radiohead music I just couldn't resist any longer. (reading the updates to this thread certainly nudged me as well..) I guess joining the fan club in order to have a decent chance of getting very expensive concert tickets will be next
icon10.gif
blink.gif
cool.gif

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #57 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made it to that one. Awesome concert. I wasn't a huge fan of Creep, but they really rocked that one during that show. Call me greedy, but I want to see them again, only this time with better seats.
wink.gif

I saw them right around then in West Palm, FL. Excellent show and I got my tickets on WASTE so we were second row, a bit far stage right but it gave a good view of Johnny's keyboard wizardry. Couldn't see Phil at all. I had a very bad experience with them at Bonnaroo, but that's because I tried to hold out the heat all day sitting at the stage, and couldn't quite pull it. Then I decided that with the giant video screens I could be happy on the lawn. Oops, giant video screens dies. Oh well, I went back to my tent and rocked out with the vibrations of Radiohead through my pillow, which was still pretty awesome.

For those of you who've preordered, did you get a confirmation email or anything of that sorts? I haven't received anything and I'm afraid that held some kind of download code. I printed my receipt so I'm just wondering if I need to start contacting them this week.

Dropping $80 on this ruined me. I went into my local record shop yesterday to try and pick up the new Iron & Wine, but they were out. Started looking around and saw Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation 4xLP. $36. That was hurtful, but I had to rationalize that I just dropped $80 on a complete uknown, how I could I not pay this for an album that I know and love and have never actually paid for....

Oct 6, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #58 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you who've preordered, did you get a confirmation email or anything of that sorts? I haven't received anything and I'm afraid that held some kind of download code. I printed my receipt so I'm just wondering if I need to start contacting them this week.

Yes, after I pre-ordered the Discbox, I received a confirmation e-mail. The text was white-on-white in my mail account, so I had to highlight to read it.

The information about the Download portion should be e-mailed to everyone (Discbox or Download-only) around October 10th.

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #59 of 165
Ok, hopefully I'll get that email. If not I can just do the download portion for free and start inquiring with them about making sure my discbox order is ok afterwards. The servers did seem pretty screwy when I was ordering. They took their money though and I printed out a receipt page.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #60 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I just want a CD... Just a plain CD to play. I love Radiohead but to get vinyl I certianly won't use anything time soon just seems like a waste. And I don't want downloads, I want something I can touch!!!

[size=large]Is there going to be a normal CD of this stuff down the road??[/size]

I guess the best I can do is hope they are wav and burn them. Is anyone else going this route??

How about we split the cost and I'll take the LP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back