New Radiohead On October 10th
Oct 9, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #76 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From an email:

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD:

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM; IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED PRIOR.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

PC: http://www.winzip.com/
MAC: http://www.maczipit.com/

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE, PLEASE CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT
downloadinrainbows@waste.uk.com

dohhhhhhhh x 100

why would you do this Radiohead? I seriously would have dropped you $20 for this album if you would have given me something lossless, or AT LEAST 320kbps. OK, maybe I'll still give you that much... but now I must find better quality somewhere else eventually :p

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #78 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I curse the idiot that invented mp3 in the first place. The world would have been a much nicer place.

I was blessing that idiot in 1997 on my 56k. now I can curse him
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #79 of 165
--alt preset standard would have been perfectly acceptable for me (~200 kbps). 160 is a little low. But I think of this as the appetizer before the real thing.

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #81 of 165
Today is Tuesday. Which means tomorrow is Wednesday... Which means ear goodness... 160kbps MP3s are kind of disappointing, but it just makes me that much happier that I ordered the discbox.

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #82 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today is Tuesday. Which means tomorrow is Wednesday... Which means ear goodness... 160kbps MP3s are kind of disappointing, but it just makes me that much happier that I ordered the discbox.

It's nearly 8 PM Tuesday in London. I wonder what Radiohead mean when they say "Wednesday morning UK time." Tomorrow morning UK time could be as early as 4 PM for the west coasters in the States (ie, me). I'd love to go home after work today and be able to download it right away.

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #85 of 165
yeah it's going with me to the huge corporate cluster**** of a mall while I deliver their liquor tomorrow. I usually take the Zen and Marshmallows for my like two hours of pushing cases. Experienced the new Iron & Wine for the first time that way just a couple weeks ago, and it was amazing. Not really "working" music but set against the backdrop of soulsucking places like Capital Grille, Cheesecake Factory, and Blue Martini it's the ultimate refreshment. The only semi-cool place in the mall is Bar Louie where they've got the most pedestrian of microbrews and a Jukebox which about 1/10 times will be playing something acceptable (one day it was Karma Police, which I was almost mad about at the time).

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #86 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennylane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's nearly 8 PM Tuesday in London. I wonder what Radiohead mean when they say "Wednesday morning UK time." Tomorrow morning UK time could be as early as 4 PM for the west coasters in the States (ie, me). I'd love to go home after work today and be able to download it right away.

I'm dying to know what the answer to this is. I hope it means 12:01 AM London time. That means I get it at 6pm (depending on the email)! 2 more hours from the time of this post 'till we know. Sweet Sassy Molassy!

Edit: Cross your fingers, arrange your chicken bones, comb your rabbit's foot:

London Time is now 10:06 PM
London Time is now 10:10 PM
London Time is now 10:16 PM
London Time is now 10:22 PM

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #87 of 165
Has everybody got their first email? I got my order confirmation (discbox) but I haven't gotten the email talking about zip files and 160 kbps.

Edit: NVM. I just got my email right now.

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #88 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennylane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has everybody got their first email? I got my order confirmation (discbox) but I haven't gotten the email talking about zip files and 160 kbps.

I put in my order about an hour ago. I got the email about the files immediately.

Time in London is now 10:28 PM

Oct 9, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #90 of 165
I got this email about an hour back

"THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA."

etc. etc.

Quote:

I put in my order about an hour ago. I got the email about the files immediately.

Are you talking about a similar email or did you actually get the link to the files and download them already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back