New Radiohead On October 10th
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 165
Well this is a big surprise after they went and said that there wasn't going to be an album this year. This is both good and bad news. It's great that they are releasing something this year, but why are they doing the whole download thing? The diskbox option is great, but it is giving me a lot of stuff that I don't need, such as the vinyl version. I would happily pay $20 for a new Radiohead CD with a fancy set of liner notes and some pictures, much like their previous releases, but roughly $80 for a bunch of extra stuff that I don't need is way too much to consider. They had better be planning a regular CD release in the near future.

That just reminded me. Did they ever sign on a new record label, or are they releasing this one themselves?

And on a side note, the sure as hell better come to Georgia on their next tour!

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 165
So I just pre-ordered it for a whopping £1, because that's about all I got. I can't wait!
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate you.

frown.gif

I am a Radiohead fanatic, so there was no other option for me.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 165
This is bad news for us. Unless they are going to be super nice and let us pick the format? haha. I hope so. But i really do want the vinyl too. but that is not till the 3rd of december. Sigh.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #10 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it were the last £40 I'd ever make I'd buy it too.

But I don't have £40
frown.gif
Ah well I'll get it someday

No kidding. For that much it better be the best record EVER!! I'm a Radiohead nut myself, but that's way too much. Anybody have any clue as to what format (FLAC, mp3, etc..)the download option is going to be?

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #11 of 165
Awesome! Just bought the disc box, I'll gladly pay $40 if it means all of it is going to the band. This is an innovative approach to selling the record, especially because you can pretty much get the download for free

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 165
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try over $80. The dollar ain't what it used to be!
blink.gif

Interesting news.

****, I didn't realize the dollar is worth so little
blink.gif
oh well, I'm just happy it's not coming out in '08, a nice surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back