New Questyle CMA400i
Apr 26, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #470 of 1,014
It pairs very well with the LCD2C because it is so clear and revealing to balance the relative darkness and warmth of the LCD2C.

I honestly can't recall anyone saying the CMA400i pairs poorly with anything.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #471 of 1,014
Outside of headfi the consesus is questyle aren't able to nail down the quality of there dac/amps like they do with there daps.

I'd buy this on looks alone but I wonder why questyle gets alot of hate on these things I Wonder.

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #472 of 1,014
Outside of headfi the consesus is questyle aren't able to nail down the quality of there dac/amps like they do with there daps.

I'd buy this on looks alone but I wonder why questyle gets alot of hate on these things I Wonder.

I'm not sure I've understood your comment fully but there is no evidence of quality problems with their full size amp and dac products here in the UK. We sell many and have very few issues/returns

Apr 27, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #473 of 1,014

I’ve seen quite a bit of hate on Super Best Friend Audio or whatever it’s called. Seems unjustified, it’s a powerful, clean DAC/amp combo. I haven’t got any complaints about it from my end. I’d recommend it.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #474 of 1,014
If it's not an HD600 driven out of an O2, then it's going to get a lot of hate on SBAF.

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #475 of 1,014
I’ve seen quite a bit of hate on Super Best Friend Audio it whatever it’s called. Seems unjustified, it’s a powerful, clean DAC/amp combo. I haven’t got any complaints about it from my end. I’d recommend it.

Hmmm, took a look at a few threads. The disliking does seem to be a bit OTT on there.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #476 of 1,014
Anything that isn’t Schiit or otherwise made in ‘Merica is looked upon with disdain and distrust at SBAF. Questyle, Audio-GD, you name it - all painted with the same “made in the East so it’s crap” brush.

Similarly the nod of approvals are based predominantly on measurements - not sure how many over there actually listen to music.

It’s at the other end of the spectrum of what you often get here - unsubstantiated hype cycle prior to and just after release of a new product which slowly subsides as rationality returns.

Guess one needs to pick their poison when it comes to headphone fora :)

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #477 of 1,014

All I know is when I listened to the 400i with an array of headphones it sounded better than anything I've heard thus far. Their "gold stack" is also god-tier but that's like $17k.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #478 of 1,014
Personally, I don’t like to rely on measurements, I listen to something and if I like it, it gets the seal of approval. Don’t get me wrong, measurements have their place, but if it sounds rubbish or boring then I’m not interested. I don’t analyse, I enjoy. Others can feel free to analyse, and I’m sure they’d do well using the 400i.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #479 of 1,014
Anything that isn’t Schiit or otherwise made in ‘Merica is looked upon with disdain and distrust at SBAF. Questyle, Audio-GD, you name it - all painted with the same “made in the East so it’s crap” brush.

Similarly the nod of approvals are based predominantly on measurements - not sure how many over there actually listen to music.

It’s at the other end of the spectrum of what you often get here - unsubstantiated hype cycle prior to and just after release of a new product which slowly subsides as rationality returns.

Guess one needs to pick their poison when it comes to headphone fora :)

Dude this! There are a lot of fanboys there who will crap all over products. I read at SBAF that the CMA400i is a bad DAC for IEMs. Review after review everywhere I have seen the opposite said about it. I wonder if these people at SBAF even have the product or have even heard it for that matter. I see that a lot nowadays not just at SBAF but everywhere especially on social media where people say they have a product or belong to a group and or ideology, and since they belong to or have said product/group and or ideology, their opinions matter more than everyone else's. When really don't have the experience they say they do, and honestly, it's more about their egos than anything else. As for the reviews of the CMA400i they have been extremely high everywhere. So I doubt the hate it is getting at SBAF is anything but Fanboyism.

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #480 of 1,014
I'm not sure I've understood your comment fully but there is no evidence of quality problems with their full size amp and dac products here in the UK. We sell many and have very few issues/returns

Yeah it makes no sense. Over at sbaf and redit they are saying its sounds "bad" or is overly warm. Which is the opposite to what read in review's saying its neutral. Questyle in particular seems to get alot of hate ive noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back