New Products from Firestone Audio -- the FireKey Line
Dec 31, 2011 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

tomscy2000

Headphoneus Supremus
Just recently found out about the new Firestone Audio FireKey Series; they're a series of portable USB products:

BlackKey USB DAC -- looks like a portable USB DAC similar to a Hifiman HM-101, from USB straight to a 3.5mm analog ouput
RedKey USB Translator --- a DDC-type component; translates USB to Coaxial
GreenKey USB Isolator --- not sure what this thing does... looks like another USB output on the other end??? Probably an USB noise filter...

Looks promising!

Dec 31, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 19

Quote:
GreenKey USB Isolator --- not sure what this thing does... looks like another USB output on the other end???

Basically It is used to filter out noise coming from the PC. It does what its name has suggested, isolates the downstream from the upstream.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #5 of 19
I can't really find much information on it other than the teaser picture I posted. I got it off FSA's Facebook page...

It'll be available in Taiwan starting next week, but I'll be extremely busy in the next couple of weeks, so I won't have time to check them out until mid-January.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have samples already? At any rate, I'll be trying them out in a few weeks' time.

Nope, doubt they want me to review for them anyway. I am interested in the isolator as well if it is on a decent price.

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #9 of 19

Quote:
The promo price here is around $60, but I have no idea what the regular price will be, nor what the price will be to buyers overseas.

Not a bad price actually. USB isolator can be found from $20 to $120. I even saw a PCB only version on eBay for $35.

Jan 11, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #15 of 19
Most USB isolation I have seen on the market support USB 2.0 low and Full speed but NOT High Speed.

If this has high speed, which I personally doubt it does, I would buy it in an instant (for use in isolating external hard drives etc)

I would probably not use these with a DAC or D/D converter as I found negative results with this even with the supposedly best OMILEX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back